Photos - IPAD2

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by MikeConnell, Jan 8, 2012.

1. MikeConnell

MikeConnell iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    on my ipad2 I have a lot of pictures in my Camera Roll folder and I'm wanting to move them to seperate folders. If I click in on Camera Roll folder and edit and check the pictures and say add to new folder this works great. I have a folder called "whatever" with all my pictures I put in there. The problem is they are still in camera roll also. When I try to delete them from there it say's DELETE FROM EVERYWHERE? I don't want to delete from everywhere only the camera roll folder. This one is really throwing me for a loop can anyone help? Thanks in advance, I really would appreciate it.

Michael Connell
    El Paso, TX

2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    Can't delete only from Camera Roll. Whichever album you copy the photo to, it's just linking to the one in Camera Roll.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0
    Hello Mike - welcome to the forum! :)

As already stated, the 'Camera Roll' is part of the 'native' photo app of the iPad and cannot be removed; it is the main storage bank for images saved to your device. When you create other folders w/i the app and move images into those folders, you are simply creating a LINK to the image still stored in the camera roll. Hence you can delete images w/i you created folders but only the links are being removed; if you want to delete a photo(s) in the 'Camera Roll', then all its links will also be removed. Sorry just the way the app works at the moment - I guess you can hope for a more useful update?