1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Photos - IPAD2

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by MikeConnell, Jan 8, 2012.

1. MikeConnell

MikeConnell iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    on my ipad2 I have a lot of pictures in my Camera Roll folder and I'm wanting to move them to seperate folders. If I click in on Camera Roll folder and edit and check the pictures and say add to new folder this works great. I have a folder called "whatever" with all my pictures I put in there. The problem is they are still in camera roll also. When I try to delete them from there it say's DELETE FROM EVERYWHERE? I don't want to delete from everywhere only the camera roll folder. This one is really throwing me for a loop can anyone help? Thanks in advance, I really would appreciate it.

Michael Connell
    El Paso, TX
  2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Can't delete only from Camera Roll. Whichever album you copy the photo to, it's just linking to the one in Camera Roll.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Hello Mike - welcome to the forum! :)

As already stated, the 'Camera Roll' is part of the 'native' photo app of the iPad and cannot be removed; it is the main storage bank for images saved to your device. When you create other folders w/i the app and move images into those folders, you are simply creating a LINK to the image still stored in the camera roll. Hence you can delete images w/i you created folders but only the links are being removed; if you want to delete a photo(s) in the 'Camera Roll', then all its links will also be removed. Sorry just the way the app works at the moment - I guess you can hope for a more useful update?