What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos from PC to iPad

wylamson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found your forum today after searching for help with putting photos from our PC to the iPad. My husband is an artist and has always used this format as a great way to display his work. For some reason he can't seem to upload any.... Two days wasted.... When I tried to do similar on my iPhone, I had NO LUCK!!

Has something changed?

What is the new procedure? Where do we look? Thanks for any suggestions!

Wylamson 1 & 2

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found your forum today after searching for help with putting photos from our PC to the iPad. My husband is an artist and has always used this format as a great way to display his work. For some reason he can't seem to upload any.... Two days wasted.... When I tried to do similar on my iPhone, I had NO LUCK!!

Has something changed?

What is the new procedure? Where do we look? Thanks for any suggestions!

Wylamson 1 & 2

OK - a couple of questions, if that's OK.

If I understand your post, you're trying to transfer photos from your PC to your iPad? How are you currently trying to achieve that, because there are a multitude of ways that it can be undertaken

(1) You could email the photos from the PC to the iPad
(2) You could sync the photos using iTunes and transfer them that way
(3) You could use a third party app, such as GoodReader and transfer them using USB or WiFi
(4) You could use the iPad's optional camera connection kit
(5) You could cloud storage, such as Apple's MobileMe iDisk server

Give us some more information on how you're trying to transfer the photos and we'll see what we can do to help.

Tim

OP
W

wylamson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. We have tried to transfer photos from the PC to the iPad by synching through iTunes. It doesn't seem to work like it used to....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm probably going to repeat stuff you already know, but here is how it should work.

Create a folder where you want all your synced pictures. Create some subfolder, one for each album you want them organized in. Use copies, don't use your original's, since you'll wan to be able to move or delete them from these albums without worrying that you'll lose something.

In iTunes, with the iPad selected go to the Photos page. Select to sync photos, select the folder where you put the pictures. I also suggest selecting to sync selected folders. That way you can easily add and remove folders later. Check all the folders you want to sync.

It's a good idea to keep an eye on the Capacity bar at the bottom, to make sure you have room for everything.

Sync.

Any changes you make to the pictures in the folders, the folders themselves, or to the setup in iTunes will happen the next time you make a sync.

To gain more control over syncing, say you'd like to go into iTunes, make changes and then sync, instead of it syncing the moment you plug the iPad in; open Preferences in iTunes, go to the Devices tab, and turn off auto-sycn.

Most reactions