What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photos from pc to ipad

mum40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
We are trying to transfer photos from our pc to our ipad, the problem is when we do it deletes the previous album that we transfered. So my question is how do we do it without it deleting the previous album?
Thank you

OP
M

mum40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply and yes it is on the pc that we normally sync with so not sure why it is removing the previous album that we put on, it keeps the albums/photos that were added through our email but not the ones that we put on through our pc, very confusing :confused: again thanks for your help :)

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need to make sure that the album(s) you want to keep remains selected in iTunes. If you deselect, it removes said album from your device.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi
We are trying to transfer photos from our pc to our ipad, the problem is when we do it deletes the previous album that we transfered. So my question is how do we do it without it deleting the previous album?
Thank you

Hello, the native Photo app on the iPad can be a 'torture' to use at times - :mad: As already stated, you need to carefully look at your image folder selections on your computer; e.g. attached is my iTunes choices in 'photos' - I have sync set to do 'Selected Folders' only, and have setup an iPad folder which is checked (along w/ one other) - placing (or removing) photos in that folder will put them onto the iPad (or remove them individually if no longer present in the folder); NOW, if I unchecked that folder and did a sync all of my iPad images from that folder would disappear on the iPad. Of course, other folders can be made & checked and will come in as another group w/ the 'new name' assigned. Please let us know if these suggestions help - if not, then tell us more - good luck! :)

PhotosiTunes.JPG

OP
M

mum40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you so much that makes perfect sense, what a wonderful helpful forum you have here :)

Most reactions