What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos from Laptop to Ipad2

Canamnf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry fairly new to Ipad2, or for that matter, any apple products. When I first started up my IPad I didn't transfer any pictures and I now want go back and get at least a few from pc to iPad but read manual which says to do it from iTunes but cannot for life of me figure out where to find it. (possibly people my age shouldn't have these new technologies LOL). Can anyone help with this?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Connect your iPad to the laptop..

Open iTunes

On the bar to the left, under devices click on your iPad device (My computer says 'Owner's iPad).

On the top bar on the window on the right, it will say, Summary, Info Apps etc.. On the far right it says Photos. Click on that.

Now check off the box "Sync Photos from" In the drop down box next to the option, choose the folder that has the photos you want to put on the iPad.

Once you've picked the folder, go to the bottom right and click on the Sync Box.

Note that the only way to remove the Synced photos is to remove them from the laptop and then sync again.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Canamnf - welcome to the forum! :)

The explanation provided by Jwt873 is excellent and should get you started; however, the last statement concerning removing sync photos from your iPad is not correct to my understanding, i.e. if you simply unchecked the folder on your computer that is syncing to the iPad, those images will be removed from the iPad but left on the computer - I'll be glad to be corrected but I believe that would be the most appropriate action.

Now if you just want certain photos on your iPad, I have made a sub-folder on my computer under my 'Pictures' in Windows Explorer (which can be named as you wish) - then move the images desired on your computer into that folder; check that folder only in iTunes as described previously, and perform a sync - this should then be the only folder transferred to your iPad. Hope this helps & good luck - please post back if confusion still exists; iTunes can be frustrating to use.

Last edited:

rmeeker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same subject - new twist: i have just done a backup, and then upgraded to iOS 5. I had several folders of pics before the upgrade, but now I only have the folders and they are empty. In the upgrade I turned iCloud on. Thinking that could be the problem, I turned it off and did a new sync, but still only empty folders. anyone have a solution?

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the new iOS 5 and iCloud, things are gonna get way easier. I've tried it on my Windows 7 pc and it works. I guess it would be easier if you use it together with iPhoto on the mac.

dajay126

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanx jwt873............the info is really helpful for new users like me.....keep it up....

Most reactions

Latest posts