What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos from iPad to FB

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I put photos from iPad to FB ? Can I put photos direct from camera to FB on iPad ? I am still learning to use iPad,quite clueless really so can anyone advise,

Thanks,Celia

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are using the Facebook app (the "official" one - cause that's the only one I'm familiar with), you can upload photos directly from your Photo app. In your profile (Timeline), press on the Photo button/tag. You should then get a popup with an option to upload a photo from your library or from taking a photo.

If you are on iOS 6, you can also share photos right to Facebook from your Photos app. To do: When in the Photos app, press the Edit button (top right). Then, select the photo(s) you want to share (you'll see a blue circled check mark on the pics). In the upper left will be a Share button. Press that and one of the options is to share with Facebook. You have to be logged in with Facebook (via the Settings app), but I can attest this works well.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
C

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn for your advice,how do I put a photo I received from an email on to my FB ? Sorry more questions,I am afraid but what helpful people on this forum

definitely learning from you all.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn for your advice,how do I put a photo I received from an email on to my FB ? Sorry more questions,I am afraid but what helpful people on this forum

definitely learning from you all.

Ah, no probs - we LIKE questions (especially the ones we can answer)! :)

If you receive a photo via e-mail, you'll need to save it to your Photos (on the iPad). Then, you can go through the process(es) as I described above. To save an e-mailed photo, tap and hold the photo until you get a pop-up. One of the options in that pop-up should read something like "Save Photo." Press that save button and that picture will be in your Photos app.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
C

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again,Marilyn I did what you suggested and am pleased that the photo is FB.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay - success! Glad to hear it worked.

And, thanks for coming back to provide an update. Always nice to hear back ... especially on the success stories. :)

Marilyn

OP
C

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,can you help me with iOS I like to Set this up but do not know how with iPad 2,thanks again x

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With what, specifically do you need help? I'll be glad to try to answer any question(s) or concern(s) you have (and, others will be, also). Ask away! :)

Marilyn

OP
C

celia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to update my apps and it needs iOS 5 or to download an app again a reminder for iOS so how do I get iOS 5 please ?

Thanks Celia

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What generation of iPad do you have? If you have the first generation (an iPad1), then you can only put iOS 5.1.1 on it now. If you have the second generation or higher iPad (iPad2 or above), the the only iOS you can put on that iPad is iOS 6.0.2.

Regardless which iPad you have, or which iOS you can install, the easiest way to upgrade your iPad is to connect your iPad to iTunes. After connecting it to iTunes, the first thing you need to do is make a back up (right click on the iPad line and select "Backup").

After the backup is made, on the main Summary page of iTunes, click the button that reads "Check for Updates" (it may already say that there is an update ready; just press that button if it's there).

iTunes will do its magic to upgrade your iPad. When prompted, elect to "restore from backup" (and use the backup you just made). Then, when it's all over, you'll end up with an iPad on the latest iOS it can run.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions