Photos deleted.

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Kare4k9, May 1, 2013.

1. Kare4k9

Kare4k9 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi.I can't seem to delete individual photos. I must have accidentally imported the same photos TWICE. When I tried to delete one of the albums and clicked on the trash can,a balloon popped up that said the pictures appeared in two places..."do you want to delete from everywhere?",but there is no option to delete just the one. What am I doing wrong? Also,because of this,I accidentally deleted some photos that I wanted. Is there any way to get them back? Thank you for your help.
    Kare
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,813 / 0
    You may very well have created an album within the Photos app. When you create an album, what you are doing is making a link to the original photo (that's in the "real"/main Photo app). So, if you delete a picture in the album, you are erasing the link, but not the picture.

However, if you delete the picture in the main album, you are "breaking" the link (which is why you get the question "do you want to delete from everywhere."

Hope that clarifies things. Oh, and unfortunately, no, there is no way to get the pictures back that you've deleted from the main album. Sorry.

Marilyn