What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos as attachments

wtcoppersmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't figure out how to send two photos to my son as an attachment to an email. When I go to "Photos" I can send one photo but in the body , not as an attachment. How do I send photos as attachments (plus I want to send two at one time)?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have GoodReader? If so, you can 'attach' multiple (even disparate) files to an email that are then sent with the iPad's native Mail app.

Tim

OP
W

wtcoppersmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I went to Goodreader and found the camera icon in bottom left corner which took me to my camera roll on my iPad. Then when I had saved the two photos in my "Documents" I marked(selected) them both and sent an email to my son and myself (for testing). The photos show up in the email itself although. It says they are there as "attachments" and it appears one can "copy" them but they don't look like attachment files at all. Did I use Goodreader correctly to send photos as attachments?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about sending as an attachment, but Evernote (free app) lets you easily select and send multiple photos from every album on your iPad in one email. You can also create and attach sound files in the same email.

The app is more feature-rich than that, but I haven't gone beyond those features.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you see this in Goodreader's Help entries:

<< use E-Mail button to send selected files as e-mail attachments. Folders can't be e-mailed (but you can zip them first). Your outgoing mail server may provide a limitation for a total size of files that can be sent in a single message. >>

I just tried it and it works fine -- zipped as an attachment.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Just use the standard photo app -

Go into the photo app's camera roll, so you see all your photos. Then press the arrow in the box in the top right hand side. Then press on the photos you want to select and send (max of 5 at once) then click the email button on the top left to email them.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just use the standard photo app -

Go into the photo app's camera roll, so you see all your photos. Then press the arrow in the box in the top right hand side. Then press on the photos you want to select and send (max of 5 at once) then click the email button on the top left to email them.

Have you found a way to attach photos from more than one album with the native photo app? I haven't.

I use Evernote (free), Goodreader (paid) or such for sending from multiple albums. Being able to zip photos is good for multiple photos, too, because some people's have tight caps on file size in one email.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you found a way to attach photos from more than one album with the native photo app? I haven't.

If you select to view by Photos (instead of Albums) you can see all your photos at once, at which point sjleworthy's method will work. Of course, if you have a lot of photos, scrolling through them can be something of a chore.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you select to view by Photos (instead of Albums) you can see all your photos at once, at which point sjleworthy's method will work. Of course, if you have a lot of photos, scrolling through them can be something of a chore.

Thanks. I've got about 1,500, so a lot of scrolling that way then.

Most reactions

Latest posts