What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos app - wrong way round?

SparkleApps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are the photo's in the Photos app, all the wrong way around?
When you hold the iPad in Horizontal orientation, the photo's show in portrait, and then the device is in portrait the photo's are landscape, so you need to turn your head. Is just seems crazy. Do other people have this problem?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have photos in both landscape and portrait orientation, and when I rotate the iPad they all rotate correctly, no turning your head. Do you have the rotation lock on??
Do other screens work correctly when you rotate the iPad?? If you have iOS 3.x.x the rotation lock in on the upper right hand side, in portrait orientation, slide the switch upward to enable rotation mode. If you have iOS 4.2.1, double tap the Home button and swipe the task bar to the right, the rotation lock is the grey box with the circle arrow on the left, if it has a lock icon in the middle it's locked, tap it to unlock.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SparkleApps said:
When you hold the iPad in Horizontal orientation, the photo's show in portrait, and then the device is in portrait the photo's are landscape, so you need to turn your head. Is just seems crazy. Do other people have this problem?

The only time this happens to me is when I do a screen shot of the image I was looking at on my IPad--that is where you press the sleep button plus home button. For these images you have to pull them up into an app like Photogene, reorient the image, and save it again. Once this image is processed that way, then it will display like any other image file, I also delete the original.

Last edited:

Surculla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get PhotoPad

Yes, I have the same problem with all of my screenshots. Download the free PhotoPad by Zagg app and rotate them. Then save them and delete the wrongly rotated ones.

Most reactions