What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos and travelling

sbob1401

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am leaving shortly for an extended overseas trip
What I would like to be able to do is upload from my camera to my ipad, I have the attachments to do this
Then be able to do some editing on ipad and subsequently upload to my windows 8 PC on my return

Any suggestions on best way to do this, I had hoped lightroom on ipad would facilitate this but it doesn't seem possible

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhoto might be of use to you for editing. It's a free download from the App Store. I haven't used it so I know nothing of its capability.

As far as getting the photographs onto your PC goes, simply plug it in, close iTunes (here's where I get sketchy because I haven't used Windows more recently than 7), right click and select the option to download photographs. Windows will treat the iPad as a digital camera in Windows Explorer.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your trip.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could use Flickr to edit and save/sync them. If you don't want to show the photos in public, it's possible to select this. The account can be accessed through a browser, so you're able to see them on your PC as well. There also should be the option to save them to your Photos app, I suppose. One of the great advantages of Flickr are the 1 TB of free storage, so you can upload tons pf pictures there. You'll need to be connected to the internet, though, so if that's not possible, it won't work.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am leaving shortly for an extended overseas trip
What I would like to be able to do is upload from my camera to my ipad, I have the attachments to do this
Then be able to do some editing on ipad and subsequently upload to my windows 8 PC on my return

Well, there are many ways that will address your questions. I'm assuming that you have the CCK (Camera Connection Kit) and are planning to use a SD card from your digital camera to transfer images to your iPad.

Once on your iPad, you mention 'some editing' - please elaborate, i.e. do you just want to crop & resize or do more extensive photo manipulations? I have a dozen or so 'photo apps' on my iPad - these can be divided into 'Photo Sorting' & 'Photo Editing' programs; the latter include Photogene, Snapseed, iPhoto, & PhotoShop Touch - you might want to check the App Store and review each of these apps to see which one(s) will serve your needs.

Finally, as already discussed there are 'other ways' to transfer images from cameras, iDevices, and computers - these might include using the cloud (e.g. Dropbox), apps/connections (e.g. PhotoSync), or other wireless devices - let me just mention one for your consideration - AirStash (click & shown below) - this devices accepts a SD card and establishes its own Wi-Fi network; an app is available for your iPad - images can be 'moved' in any direction (the USB connection is for charging the device's battery) - if interested, take a look at the link or visit Maxell's website.

SO, just some thoughts to think about - good luck! Dave :)

61N5caGHcnL._SL1500_.jpg

Most reactions