What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos and the iPad?

jcls.wv519

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help! I can't figure out how to sync my photos with my iPad. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The manual covers this, and lots of other things.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPad_User_Guide.pdf

Sorry, not ambition enough to type everything out tonight. Besides, the manual is worth getting for all the other things you can learn.

Besides the PDF file link I provided, you can download and read the iPad Users Guide using the iBooks app as well. Both the app, in the App Store, and the guide, in the iBooks store, are free. The iBooks store is accessed in the iBooks app, btw, so don't look for it online. You won't find it.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this; First, you should remove the pictures currently in the Camera Roll (Photos), so you won't be duplicating everything. You can do this by connecting the iPad to your computer and then going into iTunes, and under "Devices" on the left hand side of the screen, click on your iPad name. A window will open up with tabs on the top. Select "Photos", under "Photos", un-check "Sync Photos from..." , and sync, this will delete all of the photos on the iPad

You need to setup a folder, on your PC under "My Pictures", such as "iPad Pictures" and make all of the folders you want, with the pictures you want in them (copy, move or drag and drop, your choice), under that folder. Then go into iTunes, under PHOTOS and select "Sync Photos from" and change "My Pictures" to "Choose Folder" and then choose the folder you created "iPad Pictures" open it and select the folders you want to sync to the iPad. Then sync them.

If your jailbroken use "PhotoAlbums+", from Cydia, after you have done the above, to add or move photos between albums or create a new folder on the fly, and move pictures into it.

OP
J

jcls.wv519

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I was trying to do was save a pic from fb to my iPad's memory. I used Safari and saved it that way. Butbif I did wanna save pix from a comp, do I haft do something special in iTunes or just slect "sync photos" under the device in iTunes? I may not be getting everything done right, but thought I did.

Most reactions

Latest posts