What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photographer Desperate for App that shows Title

bob1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have invested a great deal of time and money but have not discovered a photo app that will show the original name or title of the photograph. This title is assigned by the camera when the picture was taken. I have found some that import the metadata but change the name or import everything but the name/title. What i need is an app that will allow clients, to browse my pictures and when they see one they want, have access to the original title or name. This way I can quickly find the photo on my computer and print it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. There are a large number of event photographers looking for an app that will do this seemingly simple task.
Thanks, Bob

r1200gsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why couldn't they just use Safari?

Like in my case, I host my photos on Smugmug and while they have an app for viewing, you can't make purchases in the app (at least I am not aware of it). But click the globe inside the app, and it takes you the the gallery via Safari and you can make purchases that way.

Of course, even within Smugmug the EXIF is not displayed unless you click the photo info button, their model is to just select the image thumbnail itself to add it to your shopping cart.

I have no idea if this helps or not.

EDIT: Another thought, why not just watermark the image with the file name? From your post, I presume your customers are already viewing your images with their mobile device somehow.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tries Photo Manager Pro app? As far as I can tell, the app shows the file name in the app. Plus, you can change the name.

Or maybe Dropbox? You can put your photos in a public folder (so the customer can access the photos from any computer with a browser. As Dropbox is just storage, it shows the files exactly as they are. Plus it's easy to put stuff in and out. The customer can also use Dropbox as a preview (as they can browse that particular folder using any iDevice or their computer). You get 2gb free storage at Dropbox, but you can pay for more, up to 100gb.

Good luck with your search.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts