What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photobucket app?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Photobucket app from App Store on my iPad 2 is not updated which only requires firmware 4 and up and freezes, unlike the one on my iPhone running 8.1 as well and the photobucket app requires firmware 7 and up. Why is the photobucket app on my iPad air 2 is different? thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Photobucket app from App Store on my iPad 2 is not updated which only requires firmware 4 and up and freezes, unlike the one on my iPhone running 8.1 as well and the photobucket app requires firmware 7 and up. Why is the photobucket app on my iPad air 2 is different? thanks
Maybe there is a glitch that's preventing the upgrade on your iPad. If you delete the app and re-install it on your iPad it should download the newest version.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I deleted it a few times and downloaded it and still the same, I'll update the ipad to 8.1.1 and see what happens.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I deleted it a few times and downloaded it and still the same, I'll update the ipad to 8.1.1 and see what happens.
Let us know if that works.

When you re-downloaded the app, did you do it from your purchased list? If so, you could go straight to the listing in the App Store and download it from there if updating the iPad doesn't work.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded it from App Store and purchased, I'll update when the firmware when I get home and hopefully that works. Besides photobucket, I don't have any problem downloading other apps. Ar the moment I just access photobucket thru the website.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated the iPad to 8.1.1 and still the photobucket app showing in the App Store is the old version where in my iPhone 4s 8.1 firmware, newer version of photobucket is showing. Also I don't have the normal PayPal app in the App Store in my iPad air 2, only the PayPal that does credit card transactions. Those are the two that are missing on the iPad that are on my iPhone 4s. I'm just using the websites to access those two. Not a big deal if that's it's suppose to be. Am I missing something?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I updated the iPad to 8.1.1 and still the photobucket app showing in the App Store is the old version where in my iPhone 4s 8.1 firmware, newer version of photobucket is showing. Also I don't have the normal PayPal app in the App Store in my iPad air 2, only the PayPal that does credit card transactions. Those are the two that are missing on the iPad that are on my iPhone 4s. I'm just using the websites to access those two. Not a big deal if that's it's suppose to be. Am I missing something?
If you already use a Photobucket app on your iPhone, you could also install that one on the iPad. You'll find it in Purchased, when you select "iPhone apps" here:
image.jpg

You should find the PayPal app there as well, if it's an iPhone app.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you already use a Photobucket app on your iPhone, you could also install that one on the iPad. You'll find it in Purchased, when you select "iPhone apps" here:
View attachment 61654
You should find the PayPal app there as well, if it's an iPhone app.
Ok I did that, and the apps only specify only for iPhone, reason why they don't show up on the iPad, thanks

dcharleyultra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked my iPad Air 2, and it has the older (July 2011) Photobucket fire iPad app.

I then changed the iPad Only dropdown to iPhone only, and saw the November 2014 version.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418071913.587964.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418071929.672214.jpg

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah I got the newer version from iPhone app, installed now on ipad. It works but it's not as clear if it was made for ipad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like updating the iPad version of the app isn't a high priority for photobucket

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You would think they'll be the first, being widely used. It's a lot easier to navigate using the app than on website.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah that's too bad. I use most apps on iPad than on iPhone, much better on bigger screen and can really spend time using them.

Most reactions