What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo usage 6Gb

Masterofmotoring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My photos are using 6GB I deleted everything from photo stream and left just a 100 photos from holiday but still showing 5.7 gb with few short videos.

Not sure what's going on why so much memory being used.

auk001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.aukstudios.com
That sounds strange. When you go to Settings | General | Usage | Photos & Camera, what breakdown does it show of the 5.7gb between the Camera Roll, Photo Library, and Photo Stream?

- Andrew

OP
M

Masterofmotoring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpg
I'm getting zero Gb on stream
5.7gb camera roll
Only 300 photos left with few small videos

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to reset your iPad to see if it will decrease? To reset: press the home and sleep/wake button until the iPad turns off. Then turn back on and see if it helped. Good luck, let us know if it doesn't help.

OP
M

Masterofmotoring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still same problem camera taking 5.7gb with only 390 photos
Can't update ipad as it needs 5gb empty space

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll have to delete pictures from Camera Roll in your Photos app. They take most of the space.
I see that you saved almost 400 photos there. Do you have an option to store them somewhere else? (Like Dropbox or Loom or Google Drive, ...)

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still same problem camera taking 5.7gb with only 390 photos
Can't update ipad as it needs 5gb empty space

Well darn--that's too bad that it didn't work itself down with a reset.

Have you considered moving some of your pictures off your iPad and onto another cloud server such as dropbox or even transferring it to a laptop/desktop? That may be some options for you at this point.

Most reactions

Latest posts