What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Upload to Facebook group album

Mellisr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone managed to find an app that will do this, as I am having the same issue. Thanks.

OP
K

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The standard Facebook app will upload photos to the wall of groups.
Just enter the group and select share photo or so. (I have the German version, might be a different wording in English.)

Knut

Mellisr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but unfortunately I need an app that will allow me to upload to an album within a group, not onto the group wall, and I am really struggling to find one. Beginning to think there is no such beast.

OP
K

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
With Friendly for Facebook and the original Facebook app you can at least upload to albums within your profile, but not to group albums. That's right. There is another app "Fera for Facebook" - a free version is also available - which might do the job. I installed it but it keept crashing, so I deleted it. Maybe it will allow to upload to group albums. It has a vast array of features. Give it a try and maybe the developer fixed the crash. And if it does work nicely, please let me know.

Thanks. Knut

Mellisr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, will give that a try and let you know if successful.

stspanhe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Did anyone get any solution for this. I am also looking for the exact same thing.

No1zeppelinfan:
With group i think he means. A group wich you are adminstrator for for. For example if you create a interest group for I-pad and want to add a allbum with pictures to that group. But you don't want album to be in your own profile.

Regards
Henrik

albundy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone find an app for this? I am hating some of these groups for only photo album uploading only.

OP
K

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I justed tested Fera HD for Facebook again.
First: It does not crash right away. I could access FB go to my groups and initiate a photo upload to a group's wall. Then the app crashed. Simultaneously I used a PC to see what happend. So I was able to see that the photo was posted to the right wall.
Second: I tried to explore the app a bit. But again it keeps crashing every 5 to 10 seconds. (I made sure that the multitasking bar was emty. - iPad 3, good wifi connection)
Third and End: The apps seems to be nice as far as I can see and say but as it keeps crashing I am going to delete it. Sorry.

Hope this helps.

Knut

mm01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found this on a Facebook group

FOR iPHONE, iPad, iPod users

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all these devices you will need to download iCab from itunes

With the latest updates from Facebook, you will need to make these changes to be able to use iCab on the iPhone and iPod. The iPad you do not have to make this change as it is already set to this

------ OR ------

You can download Chrome from the google play store. Once downloaded, open then navigate to facebook.com. Once there, press the menu button on the bottom right of your android phone or device and choose Request desktop site per the photo below. You can then follow the same instructions per the link below. on adding to an album.

nettieg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Knut I have just installed iCab as I have been having the same problem of not being able to add photos to my albums in groups from my iPhone. After reading all the posts here I went with iCab when you said you were able to do it through it. Can you please explain to me how to do it as I have gone in to some of the various albums I have on different groups and I can't see a way to add pics to them through icab either so any help would be greatly appreciated as its doing my head in having to get the laptop out and connecting my camera or phone to it to add pics all the time when I should be able to do it from my phone instead. I hope you can help. Thanks.

OP
K

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi nettieg,

I did the same with iCab on the iPad what I do on my PC.

I log into Facebook, go to one of my groups, click on albums, click on add photos and then I can choose from the iPad's photo album. I tested it with settings - browser ID : standard and Safari iPad, both worked.

But I switched from standard to IE to safari to standard. First with standard, it did not work, with IE it did not work, then safari - it worked and when I switched back again to standard it worked again. Strange, but in the end it worked.

Does this help?

Knut

OP
K

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I did 2 screenshots from iCab showing the possibility to pick a picture from an album. As far as FB is concerned I am logged in and in a private group.
I wanted to use iCab to upload the screenshots to this thread but here I or iCab failed. So I had to fall back on my PC.

Knut

Picture 1.jpgPicture 2.jpg

Riverbraid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

does anyone know an iPad app to upload photos to a Facebook group album?
I already tried iFace and the iPhone Facebook app. But neither shows the group albums.

Thanks.

Knut

There is a app called FERA on App Store for iPad and iPhone that lists your groups and can upload many photos to Facebook personal profile as well as groups, hope that helps

Most reactions

Latest posts