1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Photo sync problem

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Hornpiper, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Hornpiper

Hornpiper iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have tried syncing photos from my computer (Win7 OS) from the native My Pictures files and from Picasa. I have tried doing all folders and individual folders. The sync starts with it telling me that it is optimizing the photos and the volume bar shows that it is importing a large group of photos. As soon as the optimization ends and the import begins, it imports one photo, the volume bar drops out and I wind up with only one photo out of 1165. I have tried everything to get it to work but this happens every time. Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.
  2. Hornpiper

Hornpiper iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I finally figured out the problem and it has nothing to do with the iPad. I went into each individual picture folder properties on my PC and unchecked the box that says "Read only" and then clicked "Apply". I then synced the pictures using the select individual folders option and every photo synced to the iPad...FINALLY!
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Thanks for letting us know - I'm sure this 'tip' will be helpful to other Forum members

Tim