What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo sync problem

Hornpiper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried syncing photos from my computer (Win7 OS) from the native My Pictures files and from Picasa. I have tried doing all folders and individual folders. The sync starts with it telling me that it is optimizing the photos and the volume bar shows that it is importing a large group of photos. As soon as the optimization ends and the import begins, it imports one photo, the volume bar drops out and I wind up with only one photo out of 1165. I have tried everything to get it to work but this happens every time. Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

OP
H

Hornpiper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally figured out the problem and it has nothing to do with the iPad. I went into each individual picture folder properties on my PC and unchecked the box that says "Read only" and then clicked "Apply". I then synced the pictures using the select individual folders option and every photo synced to the iPad...FINALLY!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know - I'm sure this 'tip' will be helpful to other Forum members

Tim

Karin L.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally figured out the problem and it has nothing to do with the iPad. I went into each individual picture folder properties on my PC and unchecked the box that says "Read only" and then clicked "Apply". I then synced the pictures using the select individual folders option and every photo synced to the iPad...FINALLY!
Thank you soooo much for posting this - it proved to be the answer to my frustrating problem!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you soooo much for posting this - it proved to be the answer to my frustrating problem!

Hi Karin - welcome to the forum! :) But chuckling that a nearly 4-year old thread help you out - spring of 2011 was when the iPad 2 was released - if you still have an issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum - a LOT has changed since that original posting. Dave

Karin L.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Karin - welcome to the forum! :) But chuckling that a nearly 4-year old thread help you out - spring of 2011 was when the iPad 2 was released - if you still have an issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum - a LOT has changed since that original posting. Dave
I realised the thread/post was old, but the problem and solution are still current and I was very glad to find it

Most reactions

Latest posts