What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo stream

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not delete individual photos from the PhotoStream. All you can do is reset it, deleting all the photos.

To reset the PhotoStream visit iCloud.com on a computer. If you do not see all the app icons (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc), click on the cloud icon at the top left of whatever app you are viewing. On the app view page click on your name at the top right, then choose Advanced and Reset PhotoStream in the popup.

homelyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

ok so I logged onto icloud.com and the 5 icons are ther (see attachment) but I cannot see the 'app icons' you have discussed here.

I can delete from photo stream on the Ipad and Iphone but they keep coming back..

Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks

Eric

icloud front end.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Those are the app icons, or if you prefer, call them web apps. I'm not sure what the official name is.

Click on your name at the top right. You'll get an Account window. Click on Advanced. Then click on Reset Photo Stream.

As I said before, this clears the entire PhotoStream. There is no way to remove individual pictures.

bofort

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining and solving my problem. Now I have tidied up my iPad and deleted duplicate photos.

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to delete all photostream photos via iCloud however they all still exist on my Apple TV. How can they be deleted from Apple TV?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't have an Apple TV, but I'd have to guess there are some settings somewhere, and that you can turn PhotoStream off in those settings. Do so. After the photos are gone you should be able to turn it back on and only sync back what has been added since you deleted them from iCloud.

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only settings are under "General", and they only offer Reset All Settings and Restore(to factory settings). Not sure what these would do to solve the Photostream issue. May give it a try if no one else has run into this problem.

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did a Reset under Settings, General, on Apple TV, and it got rid of my Photostream pics.

Most reactions