What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Sort

AussieRosco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thrilled with my new iPad 2 Retina, but I have question about photo sorting.
When I take a new photo it adds to the photo stream at the bottom. Is there a way to make it sort to the latest photo at the top
Thank You
AussieRosco

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm thrilled with my new iPad 2 Retina, but I have question about photo sorting.
When I take a new photo it adds to the photo stream at the bottom. Is there a way to make it sort to the latest photo at the top

Hi AussieRosco - welcome to the forum! :) You're need to provide some clarifications: 1) The iPad 2 does not have a 'retina display', so is that the model you own or a later one, such as the Air?; and 2) I have no idea what you mean by 'adds to the photo stream at the bottom' - when you take a photo on the iPad, the image should be added to the Camera Roll of the native Photo app - please explain - thanks. Dave

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thrilled with my new iPad 2 Retina, but I have question about photo sorting. When I take a new photo it adds to the photo stream at the bottom. Is there a way to make it sort to the latest photo at the top Thank You AussieRosco
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Sorry, there's no way to change the behaviour. The new photos are added to the bottom of Photo Stream, as you see. But keep in mind that the photos only are there for 30 days, and then will disappear, or they'll vanish earlier: when you reach the 1000 photo limit before the 30 days are over.

OP
AussieRosco

AussieRosco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi AussieRosco - welcome to the forum! :) You're need to provide some clarifications: 1) The iPad 2 does not have a 'retina display', so is that the model you own or a later one, such as the Air?; and 2) I have no idea what you mean by 'adds to the photo stream at the bottom' - when you take a photo on the iPad, the image should be added to the Camera Roll of the native Photo app - please explain - thanks. Dave

Hi, Thanks for your reply

Sorry I left out the word "Mini". I have a iPad Mini 2 with retina screen. When I look at photos app the first photo at the top of the screen is the first pic I have taken. That's the same if I go into "Collections" or go into photo stream. The last photo added is always at the bottom.

AussieRosco

OP
AussieRosco

AussieRosco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF! Sorry, there's no way to change the behaviour. The new photos are added to the bottom of Photo Stream, as you see. But keep in mind that the photos only are there for 30 days, and then will disappear, or they'll vanish earlier: when you reach the 1000 photo limit before the 30 days are over.

OK Thanks for the reply. I'll just have to put up with it.
Cheers
AussieRosco

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for your reply

Sorry I left out the word "Mini". I have a iPad Mini 2 with retina screen. When I look at photos app the first photo at the top of the screen is the first pic I have taken. That's the same if I go into "Collections" or go into photo stream. The last photo added is always at the bottom.

Hi again and thanks for the clarification! :) As Johanna has said, that behavior is standard in the native Photo App which has limitations that you'll need to learn; there are alternatives for photo sorting and plenty of information already available in the forum which discusses these issues. Good luck and keep asking questions, as needed - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts