What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Size

Woodmouse22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take photos with my digital camera at a resolution of 5 Mega Pixel but when I transfer them all to my iPad2 and then to my PC they have all shrunk to 1 Mega Pixel. Also, is there any way whilst on holiday, to transfer pictures taken with the digital camera, just for that day, otherwise the transfer cable just copies every picture taken regarless of date and I end up with duplications.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How are you trasnfering to the PC? Are you using any app to do this? If I connect my iPad to my laptop and then browse the contents of the Image folder on my iPad as a storage drive, the files are the full 12MP untouched which I can then copy to the PC.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As long as your camera has a removable memory card, usually a SD (or smaller version), you can use the camera connection kit that plugs into the iPad docking position.

I just remove the SD card from my digital camera, use the connection kit, and then transfer only the pictures I desire to the iPad. With a program such as Photogene, these transferred images can be easily cropped and resized as desired. Good luck - :)

tommytunes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connecting PC to browse iPad images

How are you trasnfering to the PC? Are you using any app to do this? If I connect my iPad to my laptop and then browse the contents of the Image folder on my iPad as a storage drive, the files are the full 12MP untouched which I can then copy to the PC.

How are you accomplishing this? When I connect, it takes me to iTunes. Do I need to change some settings to make it look elsewhere upon connect? If so, what ones?

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing the outcome of this as I too find this happens but it's never been an issue for me. Personally I think this happens because when iTunes has finished syncing photos to and apple device it 'optimises' them. I could be wrong but I think this may compress them slightly in order to reduce their file size. This is just a guess though.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tommytunes said:
How are you accomplishing this? When I connect, it takes me to iTunes. Do I need to change some settings to make it look elsewhere upon connect? If so, what ones?

Are you using windows? If so, with the iPhone/iPad connected and even with iTunes open, if you open My Computer, your iPhone will appear as a connected drive. If you open this, you will see the dcim folder within and all your images within that. You an drag and drop these files as normal on your PC.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions