What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo question

woodturner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The main reason I got my iPad was to show off my Photography skills and store the best shots. My question is say I want to group them as Macro or Landscape, I am seeing that my iPad groups them as events and by date.......how do/can I change that. Is there an app that helps me do what I want and not what it wants.

Woodturner

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the app (photo sort for iPad) . I use it for all my photos and put them in albums with names that are then sorted alphabetically.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just use iTunes. I have folders on my desktop linked to iTunes and it puts them in folders in my iPad photo app. Can't get any easier than that.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just use iTunes. I have folders on my desktop linked to iTunes and it puts them in folders in my iPad photo app. Can't get any easier than that.

Yup, that's what you do--although they needn't be on the desktop.

Create the folders on your computer, with one for each group of photos. Then click on the box to sync photos with your computer. As far as i can see, you cannot create separate albums on your iPad. You must create them on the computer and sync the directories with iTunes. This will give you separate albums on your iPad.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While you can create albums on your computer, the actual contents of the albums will still be sorted by date.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
2 apps that will do pretty much what you want. One is Portfolio and the other is Folio Book. Search in iTunes Neither one is free, but after all.... Took some work and they are still developing. They take suggestions well. Another [cheaper] is Flickr to Go. I haven't tried it yet. I do use the first two.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While you can create albums on your computer, the actual contents of the albums will still be sorted by date.

This is just a thought though, apple's designer must be an OC (obsessive compulsive). why would everything be sorted by date?:p:D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This is just a thought though, apple's designer must be an OC (obsessive compulsive). why would everything be sorted by date?:p:D

Meet the new head of the iPad Apps Department --
monk.jpg

Well he did live right there in San Francisco! Its only about an hours drive, but probably longer for Monk since he will only drive the speed limit and not 1 mph over!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts