What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo on iPad I Didn't Take!

designer66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was flipping through my iPad last week and a photo from a live baseball game ended up on my iPad. I was not at the game. I was in a totally different state WITH my iPad. How the heck did that get on there? It was a photo taken by someone at the game, as it was not a professional stock image. Very weird...

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this is not a joke, I find it worrisome. Would you like to have a photo appear on your iPad that could get you arrested? What if someone set you up? How would you explain it? I’d like to know whether or how this is possible.

bobmcc81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would be sure there is no advertisement in the photo anywhere. The bulk spammers are getting craftier and craftier. Wouldn't surprise me if they found a push content loophole.

OP
D

designer66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe it came with an app. I'm a designer and I deal with stock imagery all the time, but not from my iPad. It's really strange. The iPad was always with me on the day this photo was taken. It is essentially a photo from a baseball game taken by someone in the crowd. I think it was a minor league game. No ads around it.

pgscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is it possible you were viewing a video of the game or went to a web page that showed that picture? you can accidently screenprint by holding power button and menu button at the same time. It then shows up in your camera roll.
or did someone send you an email with that attached? that could get saved to camera roll.

You can also hold your finger on and "push" an image on a webpage and it offers to save it (which puts it in camera roll)

Or do you have a family member using the same itunes account with an iphone? possible picture taken on one would find its way to the other under Icloud (but doubt that you have that setup already, it's new)

kies99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with pgscott that you might have accidentally copied it when looking at a website or something.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done the accidental copy a few times. It is very easy to do. I also find all sorts of web pages that my son saves, thinking he is bookmarking the page! He is ten, so that's ok!

Last edited:

Most reactions