photo managment - again...

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by thelazydogsback, Jul 21, 2011.

1. thelazydogsback

thelazydogsback iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have about 20K pictures (all resized to 1024x768 to limit file size) in a few hundred alblums. It takes forever for iTunes to sync (even when there have been few changes), and often skips entire folders. Is there a way to expose the photos directory on the iPad as a read/write USB mass-storage folder like any other freakin' device does so I can just copy the files myself?

Also, the viewing app. doesn't even have a calendar control that allows browsing photos by date ranges from a calendar based on file times or photo meta-data - which is all I really need.

I hear there are still no improvements in for new iPad in the photo import/managment area.
    I haven't been able to find any good 3rd-party apps - but please let me know if you know of any...
    thanks

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,810 / 1
    There are supposed to be some improvements in the Photos app with iOS 5. I don't know if that will include better album management.

In the mean time there are several third party apps that do a fine job of importing and organizing photos. Here is a list of some of the better ones.

Photo Organization Apps: iPad/iPhone Apps AppGuide