Photo Manager

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by matssee, Apr 9, 2012.

1. matssee

matssee iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I'm looking for a good photo manager for the new iPad.
    I have tons of photos in Lightroom that I have exported to jpegs. In Lightroom they all have star ratings. I'd like to view them on the iPad.

So the built-in photo app got old pretty fast. I then downloaded a free app called iPhotoAlbum. It was pretty basic and didn't support filtering or sorting.

So I bought an app called Photo Folder. It was supposed to support EXIF data, sorting and filtering. There were some problems, though:
    * My star ratings weren't shown
    * It seemed to sort the files not based on the date the picture was taken, but when it was added to the iPad
    * I had to use FTP to upload, and that was really, really slow, plus it failed all the time.
    * It can only filter on one star rating at a time, e.g. only showing four stars or only showing five stars, but not both at the same time.

So that wasn't a good app. I've heard good things about an app called Photo Manager Pro. But I can't be sure it solves my problems. It might have the same problems as Photo Folder.

To summarize, I'm looking for an app that:
    * Can use USB/iTunes to transfer photos (preferably not using the built in photo app, since it re-encodes and degrades the photos)
    * Can read the star ratings from Lightroom
    * Sorts photos based on the date and time they were taken
    * Can filter on the rating, preferably with an or condition, so I can see photos with for example four or five stars.
    * Can put the photos in different folders

Help :)

2. Jpb31

Jpb31 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you have any luck ? Finding that program for your photos. I'm looking for the same thing