What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Management with iTunes

Michael2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw this answered in another thread, but I am still a little confused about this. I have a bunch of photos organized into multiple folders. These folders are in one master folder. I sync the Ipad to this one folder in iTunes. When I view in the Ipad, I see the master folder, but not the subfolder. I thought the next folder level was suppose to be the album, and if I had a subfolder within that folder then I would not see this further organization level (which I am fine with). If I am mistaken how this works, then how I can I group photos into albums. I am using a PC, and the only thing I read about was to use iPhoto which I don't have.
I also looked into an app- and downloaded PhotoManager Pro. But right from that start I do not like it. I am finding having to go to an IP address and manually uploading photos rather tedious. I am hoping there is either an easier method or a better app, if the iPad is not going to see my folders as albums.
Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you are setting up the sync in iTunes choose Selected Folders instead of All Folders. All Folders should work, but the Selected Folders option will show you what subfolders are available to sync.

If you already are using Selected Folders, each folder must be checked (selected) or it will not sync.

All photos should be in the selected folders. The only contents of the main folder should be the second folders/albums .

I hope this helps.

iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

OP
M

Michael2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. It's odd. I tried doing that originally, and when I selected "Selected Folders" it was only showing me one folder- the main folder. When you mentioned what to do, I went back in, and this time went into an individual album folder, selected, then went back out, re-did select folders, and chose the main folder again. That time it showed all the folders and gave me the option to select them. Not sure why it wasn't doing that to begin with. Thanks for your help- working great now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. No idea why it did not work the fist time; other than blaming the usual gremlins. Glad it is working for you now.

Most reactions