What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Image Quality

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jwt873 said:
Those are my thoughts.. I'm a PC user (but I use Linux rather than Windows).. I find that Apple monitors generally do look better than PC monitors whether you're looking at an iPod, an iPad, or an iMac.

Calibrated monitors for photography are the important issue for judging color, not default settings of any monitor and using a progrwm like Lightroom or Photoshop that can twke advantage of the calibration--not all photo viewing programs are capable. I find my Ipad 1 is quite good color wise. I shoot in RAW but the photos uploaded to the Ipad are only the jpegs embedded in the RAW--or if you shoot only jpegs so they are affected by your camera settings for jpegs.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually at $250 that is a bargain. Years ago, EPSON wanted $550 for 35 GB on a hand held storage drive. That was when I picked up a small laptop with 60 GB for about the same price, and then I had a full display screen to see the photos nicely. This of course, has changed a lot, but the idea has real merit.

Actually, I think $250 and counting is expensive when you think you can buy a decent capacity portable HDD for $100 or so.

I did look at HyperDrive and almost convinced myself that it was the answer but I don't think that it is.

Couple of years ago I purchased the cheapest Asus Netbook (Linux) for under $300 and used it with portable HDD thatI already owned. It alll works well I have even developed a Perl script to copy only new files into separate directories for raw and jpeg in a nominated directory.

The iPad just can't do that. Perhaps what is required is a "Photo Organiser app that does all of the above.

Net book had not even arrived on the scene when I made my choices.

Most reactions

Latest posts