What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo frame stuck?

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Came across a link today that gave me 10 ipad tips. One of them was if you have the ipad off and switch it on but before you slide the switch . . . Press the flower on the bottom right and a slide show starts mimicking one of those store bought digital picture frames . . . Cool!

My issue is I have two ipad 2's. Mine the slide show starts fine. On my Wife's ipad 2 her's just stays on the first pic?
But if I go into her slide show through the photo icon her's runs fine.
She has 15 photos saved on her ipad.

I checked the settings in photo and have both set to shuffle and 5 sec intervals.

I posted this here because it's not an "app" i downloaded as this is a resident feature on the ipad 2. I did a search before I asked this question ;)

Thx

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The "photo frame" has it's own settings. And to turn it off you have to go into the passcode setting section.

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for that quick response. I went into the frame settings and first pic still still won't change to the next one.

When I change it to oragami (cool feature) it oragami's the same pic!

i think it has something to do with the way we copy pictures from certain apps by pressing the center of the pic and choosing save because i noticed some pics don't have the trash can on the top right and some do. I can't delete this first pic. Is there another way? Do I have to use itunes to delete pics that don't have the trash can icon?

I'd like to know if it's the way certain pics are formatted. Is this why there is no trash can but they still are viewable?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you check out whether you were using all photos or a specific album in picture frame? My albums and events contain pictures directly downloaded from my camera and the saved album has screen shots, edited photos, and Eye-Fi downloaded photos. I don't have any synced photos so can't tell you about those, but I know they can't be erased except by syncing.

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
update: I was able to delete the pic that the slide show was stuck on. Seems if there is a delete icon on top right of the pic it's OK. But if no delete icon then it must have been saved in a different format or like the OP said it might have been part of an album.

Either way. the only way to get rid of that pic was to connect to a laptop with itunes and delete that pic in the folder it was in with my other pics.

Picture frame and slide show now work again.
Thx for the replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts