What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Folders?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, you should remove the pictures currently in the Camera Roll (Photos), so you won't be duplicating everything. You can do this by connecting the iPad to your computer and then going into iTunes, and under "Devices" on the left hand side of the screen, click on your iPad name. A window will open up with tabs on the top. Select "Photos", under "Photos", un-check "Sync Photos from..." , and sync, this will delete all of the photos on the iPad

You need to setup a folder, on your PC under "My Pictures", such as "iPad Pictures" and make all of the folders you want, with the pictures you want in them (copy, move or drag and drop, your choice), under that folder. Then go into iTunes, under PHOTOS and select "Sync Photos from" and change "My Pictures" to "Choose Folder" and then choose the folder you created "iPad Pictures" open it and select the folders you want to sync to the iPad. Then sync them.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is just to bad there is no simple way to rename the folders on the Ipad.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your jailbroken you can purchase "PhotoAlbumn+" and it will allow you to create folders and move pictures into them.

One of many reasons to jailbreak!

mikegayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to organize the photos into folders of my on choice?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

If you want to organize photos into folders on ipad in order you can check the app named Photo Folder app which helps to create folders. Also it allows you to sort and organize them effectively as you can filter them using various criteria - keywords, favourites or ratings

Moonlit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This software, CopyTrans Photo, for Windows used to work like a dream, but unfortunately it's not yet IOS 5 ready. It's also not free, but it did the job brilliantly. I did a lot of research at the time I got it, and it seems to be the ONLY way of fully being able to organise folders and copy and delete photos from/to PC etc. Might be worth keeping an eye on it for when they make it workable with IOS 5? Also, if you "like" their Facebook page, you can get discounts and so on.
http://www.copytrans.net/copytransphoto.php

Sorry if it's not what you were looking for or not yet compatible, just thought I'd mention it (and I'm in no way affiliated to it) :)

Most reactions

Latest posts