Photo editor?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by yayipad, Sep 5, 2011.

1. yayipad

yayipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I started to get into photography, and I was wondering if anyone uses any good photo editors? Basics, nothing too fancy just easy to edit a little bit.
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +953 / 0
    Well, one suggestion (and I sure that you will get plenty more!) - :)

I use Photogene (check HERE) which does the basics of photo editing - not sure what your needs are, but a cheap purchase at the Apple App store - good luck in your choice(s), and please post back here if you've used a number of different apps - may help others to choose? :D
  3. yayipad

yayipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll definitely check it out tonight. An app I just got is "photo+folder hd" your able to make folders and sort out your photos. It's pretty good. But I wish there was an option to like upload photos from the app. Like if your uploading photos to a website, you can't upload them from your folders in the app, only from the original photos app. Oh well, still pretty good.
  4. Mattmilw

Mattmilw iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The one I use is PhotoPad by ZAGG. I use it primarily for cropping, which it does well.
  5. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +953 / 0

Photogene
    has an 'export' function that allows numerous options of sending your images elsewhere, e.g. in an e-mail or to Dropbox. I use this app to mainly crop & resize my images rather than for 'organizing' the photos on my iPad.

Photo-Sort is another app that I purchased that is mainly for organizing photos - check HERE, if interested. I've not used this program much but a few negative comments can be found in the link; just a couple of options for transferring images, including in an e-mail.

Concerning uploading images to websites, I'm still searching for an easier method - usually when one wants to put an image in a forum message, pasting its URL between the HTML image codes is the usual process - I use SmugMug as my online imaging sharing site (there is an app for easy uploading); once the images are there, I can copy and paste their URLs elsewhere - there are a number of threads/posts on this topic if you care to search - good luck! :)
  6. donka

donka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    What do you mean by 'edit a little bit'?
    There are various editors available and some excel in specific areas so knowing what you are likely to be doing will help.
    Photogene is definitely a recommended product but if you are confortable with editors in general then Filterstorm is a great tool as you have a lot of control over the edits you do even though it is not quite as feature rich as Photogene at this time. It will also let you upload images to a small selection of places.
  7. Czevski

Czevski iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +314 / 0
    I use PSExpress (photoshop).
  8. yayipad

yayipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll definitely be trying these all out. Editing,etc on the iPad makes everything easier, I don't even need a computer!
  9. PDB

PDB iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Photoforge2 is fantastic! Works with layers, lost of effects, and can even tweak curves, levels etc...
  10. yayipad

yayipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just tried photo forge 2 and it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be trying a few others out tomorrow night once I have more photos to edit.
  11. donka

donka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Photo Forge 2 is a great app, one of my favourites but for true pixel level editing it is a bit compromised - it focuses more on filters although the layer support is a welcome addition.