What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo editing

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if it's the best, but Adobe have some good free apps for photo editing in the App Store - just search for Adobe and you'll see their apps.

Tim

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the best photo editing app for iPad 2?!

At last count there were over 4600 photo or camera related apps on the app store. Which is best is probably debatable and will change almost daily as new apps are introduced.

If you want to take photos with the on board camera and edit them all within the same app then have a look at Camera+

Abobe PS Express is a reasonable but not great free photo editor.

NIK Snapseed is probably as close to a Pro level app as you can currently get on the iPad and is a bargain for what they want for it

Filterstorm Pro and Photogene are two other well regarded apps.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For true pixel level editing I think Filterstorm is the best. Photogene is close behind it but Filterstorm's masking abilities make it the better choice imho.
For a relatively limited app but with excellent output, I recommened Snapseed - it's easy to use and you can achieve some great effects.
Also keep an eye out for Photoforge 2. It's iPhone only at the moment but due to go Universal very soon.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Filterstorm and Photogene here too.
Also check out Touch Retouch HD. It works really well.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just seen a tweet from the Filterstorm dev and it looks like layers are coming to that app in a 3.5 release! That would cement it's place as the top editor imho. Given that version 3.0 was released very recently, that update may be a few months away though.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I like procreate. Layers are supported, all kind of tools to draw, edit. Combining with photo express, I have all I need.

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts