Photo Cropping

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by n4uau, Jul 13, 2014.

1. n4uau

n4uau
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    When you crop a photo on the camera roll and save it, it looks cropped but if you paste that cropped photo to, say, Keynote etc, the full photo appears. Only if I mail it to myself and put that into camera roll can I paste a cropped version. What's happening here?

2. abababababab

abababababab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Odd... It does not occur with me.

3. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It does the same thing to me when I upload to OneDrive. I think it's because the original version is still in the iPad memory. Have you ever gone back in to edit a cropped photo in the Photos app? It will let you recrop or uncrop.

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, I usually use Snapseed to crop my images which can be saved back into the 'Camera Roll' - when I import the altered pics into Keynote, the cropped images are used.

Now I've not used the 'Crop' feature of the native Photo app, but just gave it a try and indeed the original sized images were placed into Keynote on my iPad - now the Photo app retains the original and simply portrays the cropped image in the camera roll - when the latter are exported, I suspect whether the full or cropped image is used depends on the app (or email) - Keynote seems to bring in the non-cropped image.

You might want to give a 3rd party app a try if this is an important need for you - Dave :)

#4 giradman, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  5. abababababab

abababababab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    I'm surprised! Keynote brings in the cropped image for me.

Heres a picture of the original screenshot of this page, and the cropped keyboard.

image.jpg

6. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, I just gave the crop feature in the Photo App another try and brought the image into Keynote - and again the original pic was inserted? :confused:

What iOS & Keynote versions are you using (mine are 7.1.2 & 2.2., respectfully) not that I know if this makes a difference, but just a thought. Dave :)

7. cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I notice when you save the crop photo, it ask if you want to save n Camera Roll. I think it saves the org and crop image.

8. n4uau

n4uau
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I used crop in camera roll and had this issue several times. Did a screen shot, cropped and saved to camera roll, only option.. Then pasted to a Keynote picture box and get whole picture. Tried cropping photostream image and save to camera roll. Same result. If I email the cropped image to myself and then save it works.

9. n4uau

n4uau
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    And if I open the cropped camera roll image in the Photo Editor app or Photoshop app I get the full image. I think Apple has an issue here!

10. n4uau

n4uau
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Just cropped the image in PS and save to camera roll. It then is the cropped image when put in Keynote. Sri for multi posts.