What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo connector

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I bought my IPad, I also bought the photo connector accessory.
It worked perfectly to download photos directly from my camera to the IPad.
I recently upgraded to OS4 and now when I connect the camera to the IPad I get the message "the connected USB device requires too much power".
The batteries on the camera and the IPad are both fully charged. Any thoughts? BTW, I dumped a Windows laptop just because of such goofy behavior.

Thanks,
Mark

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is that with the camera cable or the card reader?
If one try the other.
One of the reasons Apple didn't include a standard usb port was the power drain on the battery.

Fwiw I tried the card reader a couple of hours ago with a raw files on 4.2 and it loaded them all correctly.

RTShaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just got my card reader when iplug it up nothing happens am i suppose 2 select something in the ipad. What format does the sd card have 2 be in fat32? 16? Suck port as usual has no answers i am so tired of not getting answers 2 the simplest questions like the format of the sd card since mine doesnt do anything when i plug it in. docs say nothing either (and i thought microsux was bad)

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
i just got my card reader when iplug it up nothing happens am i suppose 2 select something in the ipad. What format does the sd card have 2 be in fat32? 16? Suck port as usual has no answers i am so tired of not getting answers 2 the simplest questions like the format of the sd card since mine doesnt do anything when i plug it in. docs say nothing either (and i thought microsux was bad)
I have no idea what format the card has to be in, but in the past the image files had to be in a DCIM folder (as if created by a camera), now with 4.2 the image files have to be named as if they came right out of the camera too (no prefixes, suffixes or alternate file-naming). I assume that it recognizes camera-adjusted filenames, but I haven't tested that. Good luck,

Last edited:

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't used my camera adapter since I installed 4.2.. I just plugged my Canon 7D into the iPad to check things out and it read the photos with no problems.

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My camera uses a compact flash card and I use a card adapter and it works fine. Be sure your card is formatted by your camera. Good luck.

RTShaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My camera uses a compact flash card and I use a card adapter and it works fine. Be sure your card is formatted by your camera. Good luck.

lost most control of my fingers, body, have constant spasms & tremors (post-polio) now throat Cancer ,so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type or move(but i ain't dead yet doggitt!)

Thank u
im sure thats the problem i just grabbed a 16 gig empty sd card i had near me and copied pixs from my compurer over 2 the card. never occurred 2 me about the format (and why i asked) now i know what 2 do as soo as i have the strenght thank u

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope that the formatting solves your card problem but more importantly I hope and pray your health improves. Wishing you the best

RTShaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank u but i'm on my last leg i' just fightig 2 retaing my electronics ability & find items that allow me 2 continue my work (otherwise i feel like a vegetable like i'm not doing squat)

Most reactions

Latest posts