What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo clarity lost after IOS 5

rdale1942

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded IOS 5 to my Ipad2 with no problem. However, the photos that I take now are not nearly as clear or sharp as they were before the download.

Any suggestions as to how to get back to taking clear pictures?

Thanks.

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally have not experienced this issue after the upgrade. Check to see if somehow you got a fingerprint on the lens. Next try powering down the iPad completely and turning it back on? (reboots the unit). If nothing helps, you might want to bring it into an Apple store if you have one near by. I'm sure they are seeing various issues which comes with any device upgrade.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iOS 5 camera app has a couple of new features. One of this is that you can tap on a section of the picture to change where its focus and light meter point. If you've accidentally tapped somewhere on the screen, it may no longer be focusing where you think it should.

Try tapping various places on the screen, and see if you can get it to give you the picture you want.

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good comment TP. I too realized that after my comment here. If one holds the iPad with two hands and a finger happens to touch the screen say in the corner the auto focus might take over and focus on an object that is out of the center of the pic.

To the original poster: if you saved any of your out of focus pics, see if "any" area of the pic is actually in focus?

Also, the brighter the light, the clearer your pics will come out. Although, for a camera without an LED flash like most phones now have, it still takes decent lower light snapshots. Don't forget the front camera is of a lower resolution and is really just for Face Time and Skype type video conferencing.

Most reactions

Latest posts