What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo assistance

nbow50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to put my photos into folders, but can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone assist me?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to put my photos into folders, but can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone assist me?

It can't be done on the iPad in the native Photos app. The only way to create folders is to create them on your PC or Mac and then sync your iPad with your PC. Then the folders will be transferred. Similarly you can't delete photos on your iPad that have been synchronised with your PC - they can only be deleted on your PC and then synch'd with your iPad and they will then disappear.

Photos that you received on your iPad that weren't synch'd - say via email - can be deleted on the iPad, but you still can't create folders on the iPad for them.

However there are many third-party apps in the App Store that don't have this restriction; you'll find several reviews and recommendations for them in this Forum if you search.

I know, it's an annoying 'feature' of the Photos app - but, well, that's life I guess!!

Tim

PS I moved this to the Help section

Most reactions

Latest posts