What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo arrangement after import

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have managed to import photos from my Windows PC to the i-Pad, but not thinking ahead, I have images in landscape and portrait mode add hoc. Is there a way to re-arrange the photos so that I have all in one orientation first, then change?

Alex

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have managed to import photos from my Windows PC to the i-Pad, but not thinking ahead, I have images in landscape and portrait mode add hoc. Is there a way to re-arrange the photos so that I have all in one orientation first, then change?

Alex
Not unless you first rename the files Alex.
You would have to give them an 'Eight Digit Filename'. iOS is not like Windows or Android. It only understands filenames with eight digits as in 12345678.jpg or abcdehgh.jpg or a mixture.
If it is troubling you you could try having all your Landscape shots with a 'pre L letter' as in Lhome001 (L being Landscape followed by Home denoting the shots were taken at Home and finally 001 being the first shot out of a possible 999.

I have a number of shots renamed like this (minus the L or P)
Home0001, Home0002, Hols0001, Hols0002.
Try to give the shots title a meaning that is associated with what you would understand. That way if you have to edit at a later date on either a PC or whatever you use you will know simply by looking at the filename where the shot was taken.

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Beards. I have now made a new Album and taken all the Landscape photos from the earlier file and put them in the new Album, then did the same with all the Portrait shot. Just needs to turn the screen on the change over. It is a very 'basic' App and I would have thought they would have thought about that and given better editing. Ultimately I may look around for a better photography application, one that would replicate a Web site presentation. There must be several around.

Alex

Most reactions

Latest posts