What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photo album app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does anyone know of a good app for making photo albums?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No app required.

First, you should remove the pictures currently in the Camera Roll (Photos), so you won't be duplicating everything. You can do this by un-checking "Sync Photos from..." and syncing, this will delete all of the photos on the iPad.

You need to setup a folder, on your PC under "My Pictures", such as "iPad Pictures" and make all of the folders you want, with the pictures you want in them (copy, move or drag and drop, your choice), under that folder. Then go into iTunes, under PHOTOS and select "Sync Photos from" and change "My Pictures" to "Choose Folder" and then choose the folder you created "iPad Pictures" open it and select the folders you want to sync to the iPad. Then sync them.

If your jailbroken, try "PhotoAlbums+" from Cydia. Start with the above if you have a lot of pictures, as it's easier to do it on the PC than on the iPad screen. Then you can use PhotoAlbums+ as you add pictures.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like Collections quite a lot andits integrated with Dropbox. Another that works pretty well is Photo Sort but I prerfer Collections. I choose the plain page and add a single photo per page but they have a number of formats. Easy to use nice to view.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like Photo Manager Pro. It lets you create folders inside the app (and you can create sub-folders all day long). Plus, you can sort your folders, view captions (and sort by captions) and transfer your photos easily (and in bulk) from your computer. It also has slidesho and allows you to send/get from the standard Photo app.

Very handy program, but, as always - YMMV.

Marilyn

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I like Photo Manager Pro. It lets you create folders inside the app (and you can create sub-folders all day long). Plus, you can sort your folders, view captions (and sort by captions) and transfer your photos easily (and in bulk) from your computer. It also has slidesho and allows you to send/get from the standard Photo app.

Very handy program, but, as always - YMMV.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn. I got the app this morning and it works nicely. Wish some app would allow you to sort by moving the photo file manually, i.e., selecting and "pushing" it into place. I do this all the time in my Adobe Lightroom program on my main computer but realize there may be some kind of restraints on the Ipad. You can do this with text files in some apps so hopeful one of these photo sorting apps will be able to implement it. I have this one and Photo Sort (plus Collections which is really sort of a different animal) and should decide between the two sorting apps.

Diane

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of my main reasons for buying my iP2 was for making albums (only I call 'em "portfolios"). There are two chunks to the equation: transferring and managing the images, and then presenting them. I am still working on the various ways of moving the pictures around, but have pretty much decided on KEYNOTE for the presentation of them.

Best, I have found, is to make the portfolio on the desktop or laptop and then send it over to the iPad where it can be shown (or even projected) from the iPad KEYNOTE app. This is not nearly as cumbersome as it sounds— you just need to have a Mac as your "big boy." Works for me. (Lacking a Mac you could just make the KEYNOTE file on the iPad. I just find it easier and faster to work on the Mac and then transfer the product.)

mikegayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey.check out "Photo folder".Some of its features are:
#Creation of folders and subfolders for easy drag ‘n’ drop photo organization
#Filter photos based on keywords contained within an image’s metadata, by rating or by a favorite
#Create and assign new keywords to a photos metadata
#GPS data displays where an image was taken on Google Maps
#Arrange the order of photos using a manual, name, date, size or rating
#Play a slideshow and share photos on various social media sites.

[Moderator edit: No links to external sites, please...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Slwells

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about an app that makes albums you can print out? All of the basic online photo books require flash (shutterfly, snapfish, lulu, etc) and the apps for these sights are worthless. I was wanting to create some photo books to give as Christmas presents but I can't find app that has this capability. My pc is a piece of crap and it don't want to use it if at all possible. Please help!

Kiwigirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also on the hunt for an app that makes photo Books to print as gifts for friends & family. I've had the same experiences with the shutterfly app - it's hopeless! I really would rather NOT use my PC after all, that's why I got an iPad!! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

lcohn27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Creat photo gifts, printed books, mugs etc

I am in the same boat. I would like to use my iPad to create some photo gifts but I just can't find an app to do this work. All the major sites seem to use Flash or Sliverlight which do not work on the iPad. I am surprised that a developer has not built such an app since it would generate revenue from print sales. Much of the baby boomer generation still wants printed photos and photo books do this really well. Plus, there is a large community of digital scrapbookers that want to print their creations. Holiday cards are still traditionally mailed and other photo kitch is very popular for gifts. A swiss company has created the app, however, you can only order the books in the EU. The app is call BookFactory Bookfactory für iPad im iTunes App Store

Evidently it creates a high res pdf file that it sends to the printing company.

Please post again if any knows of such an app or website that can be used by the iPad

Neale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kiwigirl said:
I am also on the hunt for an app that makes photo Books to print as gifts for friends & family. I've had the same experiences with the shutterfly app - it's hopeless! I really would rather NOT use my PC after all, that's why I got an iPad!! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

I agree, there's not even a web based one you can use without downloading something or having flash. I have looked and looked.
But! Found the HP photobook lite that allows you to upload to HP Magcloud account and then order the photobook, cumbersome but all done on the iPad. Now I ordered a 12 page one and have yet to receive it, so on that count I'll let you know about the quality. Downside? Living in the UK , everything in dollars, so, charge for book £2.25 inc postage but then my bank threw a foreign transaction cost of £1.36 at me! Still good value I think, but final downside is delivery, for the costs I've quoted that's a 2 week delivery to the UK. If you require faster delivery then the costs become very prohibitive..............But, we'll see

UPDATE
Well, it came in the post! A week and a half later. Not bad, not brilliant....... More like a pamphlet than a nice photo book but can't complain for the price. I think I will be looking for a product with a better finish in future so that might mean waiting for someone in UK to move on this

Last edited:

PhotoDog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're looking for a real looking virtual photo album, try iAlbum or iAlbum Pro (both on the App Store). They provide a realistic photo album in which you can place your photos, just like in a real photo album.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts