1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

philipdale

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Philipdale, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Philipdale

Philipdale iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have received a photo (jpeg) on an email. When I save image it shows only a square that shows jpeg in the middle. No picture --- what is wrong?
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +763 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum - :)

Typically an attached JPEG image will come into the iPad Mail app 'opened' in the message; then by pressing on the image a dialog box will appear allowing a number of options, such as saving to your photo app.

You might want to better explain what the attachment looks like on the email since the behavior does not appear to be the above. Also, how are you saving the image?

A further suggestion is to email yourself a message from another computer and attach a JPEG image, then see how it appears on the iPad - the problem may be w/ the image sent originally - good luck!
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,686 / 0
    Sometimes, the Mail app does not automatically download the image (it'll have a dotted outline versus a solid one. Pressing the image should make the Mail app download the whole thing.

Then, you can choose whether to open it using the rudimentary Mail app image viewer or "Open In..." as mentioned by giradman.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Marilyn
  4. Philipdale

Philipdale iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I opened the file on a computer and saved using adobe photoshop. After sending to the iPad I was able to save image properly.