What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PhatWare Releases WritePad 4.5 for iPad With New Palm Rest Feature

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LO-Bs9rF8[/ame]​

PhatWare announced a major update for its WritePad note taking and handwriting-recognition app for iPad today. The main new feature that WritePad 4.5 brings is a palm rest facility, which enables you to rest your palm on the iPad screen while writing with either a finger or a stylus. Other new features include the ability to export WritePad documents to PDFs, improved printing and new graphics. Here are some of the main features of the app as outlined by PhatWare:

• Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode
  • Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features
  • Email, Tweet, Print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad
  • Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox and iTunes
  • Translate documents to 13 supported languages using Bing Translator
  • Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature

Unfortunately the update is currently only available in the US, but PhatWare says that international versions are on the way.

Click here to download the updated app for $9.99: WritePad for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: PhatWare

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been debating in my mind if I should get this app. Maybe they will offer a price reduction. 10 bucks for an app that has good mostly good reviews but several bad reviews is so risky for a cheapskate like me. :)

LonghornGary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purchased yesterday

I purchased this yesterday, and yes it's a nice product, but the palm rest wouldn't activate and it had trouble with my handwriting. Some tweaking and learning curve improved the recognition, but still quite a few errors.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LonghornGary said:
I purchased this yesterday, and yes it's a nice product, but the palm rest wouldn't activate and it had trouble with my handwriting. Some tweaking and learning curve improved the recognition, but still quite a few errors.

Keep me posted on your experience please.

Most reactions

Latest posts