What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pets who share your life ??

Pets who share your life ??

• Cats

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Dogs

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Birds

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Horses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rabbits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fish

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Reptiles

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Mice/Guinea Pigs/Hamsters etc

• Farmyard animals

• Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've been Labrador owners for most of the last 50 years. We currently have two yellow males, Bailey is 11 years old, Angus is 10. We rescued Bailey from our local Humane Society 6 years ago and Angus through Seattle Purebred Rescue 18 months ago.

These two will probably be the last ones. At almost 73, I'm not quite strong enough to keep Angus under control if he gets excited. My wife is younger, but much smaller, and she can't control him at all. She has a history of rotator cuff sugery on both shoulders to prove it!
Yeah, it's amazing how strong a dog can be when pulling on the leash. Just great to see you rescuing those dogs and caring for them. A dog that size needs a lot of exercise. To save further wear and tear on your own bodies:oops: you may need to take them often to a park, throw/fetch stuff and get them puffed out that way, which I'm sure you know more about than fairly new dog owners like my wife and me.
image.jpg

Our little guy is about a quarter of the size of a Lab and can at times be a boisterous handful, so I hear what you are saying:)
Andrew

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We've been Labrador owners for most of the last 50 years. We currently have two yellow males, Bailey is 11 years old, Angus is 10. We rescued Bailey from our local Humane Society 6 years ago and Angus through Seattle Purebred Rescue 18 months ago.

These two will probably be the last ones. At almost 73, I'm not quite strong enough to keep Angus under control if he gets excited. My wife is younger, but much smaller, and she can't control him at all. She has a history of rotator cuff sugery on both shoulders to prove it!
Have you ever heard of Ceasar Milan, the " DOG WHISPERER" - he's on Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild. If you get those channels watch him! I have learn SO much as I have always had LARGE BOISTEROUS BREEDS. The looser the leash the easier and more relaxed you are, so will your dog. You may have to do some corrections at first and be PATIENT!!!! If you have the opportunity to watch him you will learn a LOT! You must walk confidently, shoulders back and yet relaxed. Even use a gentle leader leash if necessary. It is truly amazing to watch this guy! He has a dog psychology center!!! he is on a mission to save all dogs from euthanasia because of behavior problems, which, however well intended are usually related to the unseen emotions of the people - not the dogs! all dogs come from heaven! Your dogs sound quite mellow. If pulling is an issue try the gentle leader. It did wonders for me on any dog that pulled, as I have spinal cord injuries from neck to tail bone and can not take on a dog that pulls. Good luck! I love hearing about people who adopt older dogs!!! You are a blessing to these animals! MAJOR KUDO'S !!!!!!!
Diane/squib

Pit bull puppy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a sweet pit bull named Lucky that i personally and physically rescued almost 2 years ago from 2 kids who were trying to hang him by his neck from a tree near the waukegan illinois harbor where i keep my boat. they claimed they were going to hang and beat him since he wouldn't fight. he was only 8 months old. the strangest thing was i almost wasn't going to be at the harbor that weekend because the tuesday of that week i had to put my sweet 13 year old doberman snoopy down due to severe hip dysplasia that got to the point he couldn't walk more than 3 feet without falling. my friend convinced me to go to the boat with him for the weekend and that saturday i rescued my sweet Lucky. almost like snoopy told me to go and rescue him.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if this will work, but if it does this is my sweet pit bull Lucky
Worked a treat! Now that is one good-looking seriously relaxed canine:) And a very lucky one at that when you came across him the way you did.
If I was a legislator I would make the penalty fit the crime... well, in some cases anyway:oops:. But all's well that ends well and I'm sure Lucky has no memory of that bad incident. Lucky indeed!
Andrew

Pit bull puppy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The way the media makes pit bulls out to be, I was a little worried about how he was going to be when I found out he is a pit bull. After having him 3 days, I knew the media is full of bs about them just like they are about most things. His tail never stops wagging and he licks everyone he meets and loves other dogs and people.

Most reactions

Latest posts