[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mickey330, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Call ZAGG. We can take care of it. Sorry for the troubles you've had.

2. drhulsey

drhulsey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I tried this. I was worried at first. I got a silver apple on a dark screen, but no button response. I guess it took a minute, because my "On" button began to work and voilá! Un clavier! Maybe that will solve the Zagg problem! I'll let you know.

Thanks!!
    Tim

3. mtsant21

mtsant21
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    There is also a delay from zagg to process my order (made on 19/04->Greece).

Hope at least that i will not face such malfunctions with my zaggmate when it will finally arrive. Cross my fingers.

4. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Oops I forgot about the minute part. Sorry.
    It's designed for if your iPad freezes but I've read many instances where it also corrected faulty functions. I wish it would fix my having to reenable my wifi every 20 minutes or so that says it's connected but it's really not, but that is a 4.3.1 issue that has yet to be resolved

Support Our Troops!
    This post was Tapatalk approved
    Sent from my iPad

5. laverydj

laverydj
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I got my Zaggmate earlier this week, I think its great, does exactly what it says on the tin, only complaint is the lack of information that comes with it, I have spent a long time trying to understand what the unassigned function keys do, can they be programmed etc.

David

6. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The ipad only recognizes a few functions and we've tried to add them all to the ZAGGmate already. Perhaps in a future update to iOs, Apple will allow for customizing how it reacts to different key combinations. Until then, you can't do much. If you are thinking about PCs and Macs letting you do this, it is always software that runs on those computers that allow you to customize things. At the moment, iOs is too locked down. Also, if you want more documentation, go to our FAQs: ZAGG | Frequently Asked Questions This has several key combinations the iPad does accept.

7. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    FYI, I decided to do a fresh install of 4.3.2 on my iPad, but I'm still having the random "key repeat" issue. I did connect my ZaggMate to my iPhone as well, but I couldn't make the problem happen there (although, I can't really make the problem happen on-demand either)...

Being that the issue started as soon as I got my refurb iPad (and the fact that I haven't been able to make it fail on my iPhone), leads me to believe the problem is with the iPad itself. I guess I'll be making another trip to the Apple store....

Think I'll have any issues getting another exchange due to this "Random" issue, even if I can't reproduce it it front of the Apple Genius'? What really sucks is that I'm going to lose my perfectly-installed screen protector again! Arrghh!!

8. mtsant21

mtsant21
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Why dont you try pairing it with a second ipad2 from a friend and tell us what happened?

9. thinh3d

thinh3d
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    @Zagg: do you have any estimate when and how long will shipment take to reach UK?
    btw, while waiting for my zaggmate 2, I have this question and couldnt find an answer:
    Can i change the viewing angle of the ipad while sitting on the zaggmate? I mean can we alter the hinge in some way that would provide a closer to 90degree than the default angle?

(sorry for my english though, its not my first language ^^)

10. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Like I said in the original post, I did pair it with my iPhone and couldn't seem to reproduce the problem there. Although, while I can make the problem happen usually by just holding down a key until it happens, I've also had times where I couldn't make it happen though, so I can't guarantee that it doesn't happen on the iPhone. Of course, I've never been able to make it happen on the iPhone though, so I am leaning towards an issue with bluetooth on the refurb iPad. I setup an appointment for this afternoon with a Genius tech - wish me luck (hopefully, I can make it happen in front of them).

I'll post my results!