What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think double typing issues have been discussed before. They,as I remember, have been solved by turning off the Zagg; turning on and off Bluetooth in Settings>General; "Forgetting" this keyboard; then restarting the whole thing re-pairing, etc. See if that works.

Tried that....no real luck. Sometimes I don't get the double typing, but 8/10 I do. I've written to Zagg, just waiting to hear from them.

ZAGG02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried that....no real luck. Sometimes I don't get the double typing, but 8/10 I do. I've written to Zagg, just waiting to hear from them.

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your ZAGGfolio, but apologize that you're experiencing issues with your keyboard double typing the letter u. I will be contacting you directly to see if we can get this issue resolved.

Thank you.

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the zaggmate/logitech for ipad 2, and maybe there is some changes since zaggmate was the designer... The ipad is not very stable and you can't touch the screen very hard before it falls down, and I allways hold on to the ipad when touching the screen, not feeling very secure about it... My friend has the same problem with her keyboard, anyone else experienced this?

ZAGG02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I have not heard of this happening before and would like to contact you directly to see if we can find a resolution to this.

Thank you.

I have the zaggmate/logitech for ipad 2, and maybe there is some changes since zaggmate was the designer... The ipad is not very stable and you can't touch the screen very hard before it falls down, and I allways hold on to the ipad when touching the screen, not feeling very secure about it... My friend has the same problem with her keyboard, anyone else experienced this?

Elliedo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience using the zaggmate while in a citrix environment? I purchased a brookstone folio which will have to go back because it keeps disconnecting after 1-2 min while working with programs through citrix and only sporadically repairs. This only happens in citrix, so I'm specifically concerned about this, as that will be 90% of it's use. Thanks in advance for your experience and time.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Elliedo said:
Does anyone have any experience using the zaggmate while in a citrix environment? I purchased a brookstone folio which will have to go back because it keeps disconnecting after 1-2 min while working with programs through citrix and only sporadically repairs. This only happens in citrix, so I'm specifically concerned about this, as that will be 90% of it's use. Thanks in advance for your experience and time.

I use the original Zaggmate and my Ipad 1 with the Citrix Receiver app with no problems.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

WriterMD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I'm a new iPad user and i recently received the gift of a "pre-loved" ZaggMate keyboard/cover, however the USB-micro-USB cable is missing. Can I just use a generic USB-micro USB cable or do I need to order it through Zagg? Or will the keyboard charge together with the iPad? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My keyboard power doth runneth out soon. Thanks so much!!

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I'm a new iPad user and i recently received the gift of a "pre-loved" ZaggMate keyboard/cover, however the USB-micro-USB cable is missing. Can I just use a generic USB-micro USB cable or do I need to order it through Zagg? Or will the keyboard charge together with the iPad? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My keyboard power doth runneth out soon. Thanks so much!!

Yes, you can use a generic USB cable with the Zaggmate, no problem.

Marilyn

Sleighted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ZaggFolio keyboard stopped working.
It was randomly locking shut my iPad, so I "forgot" him, and now I can't connect to him anymore. In fact, I suspected a low battery but it's just NOT charging now, I can't have a blue light and, as a matter of fact, I can't get any DELs to light up.
Of course, I tried letting him charge (4 hours) to no use, I still can't recognize the keyboard.

Any way to avoid the 10 pounds shipping charge ? T Normally I wouldn't mind, but seeing from the lenght of this thread and because I rarely use my keyboard (stopped working after my 3rd charge I think), I'm afraid I'm gonna have to send my keyboard pretty often...

ZAGG02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sincerely apologize that the keyboard in your ZAGGfolio has stopped working. I can assure you that this is not a common problem with our ZAGGfolio keyboards and I would like to email you directly so that we can resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Sleighted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received the PM but can't answer it due to forum policies.
Please contact me at or give me an email adress where I can contact you.
Thanks.

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No Email Address

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingbadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Portable use..?

Does anyone know (preferably from personal experience!) about the zaggmate WITHOUT keyboard?

Sorry if this has been asked before but i just wanted to know if when in use the case can be put on the back of the ipad and would not fall off..

Thanks!

Sleighted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg customer was prompt and issue was fixed. Thanks again!

And Flyingbadman, not sure I understand, but the ZaggFolio can't be used as a stand if the keyboard is not in the case. No idea bout the ZaggMate.

Most reactions

Latest posts