What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

mtsant21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you ZAGG. I was wondering if I must sell or not my smart cover now that the zaggmate is about to arrive.. I will keep it finally

rickyricardo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmm, sorry, way to many pages in this thread to read them all but am I the only one that doesnt like this case? I have one now and after a week I am definately returning it. Might be alright for someone with really small hands but for me.............just too small for me.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rickyricardo said:
hmmmmmmmmm, sorry, way to many pages in this thread to read them all but am I the only one that doesnt like this case? I have one now and after a week I am definately returning it. Might be alright for someone with really small hands but for me.............just too small for me.

Interesting... While I don't have super big hands or anything, I adapted to the ZaggMate keyboard VERY quickly and can now type full speed on it... Do you have exceptionally large hands? OF course, it's not going to be a full sized keyboard, but I've found it's size to be quite satisfactory, especially for a device such as an iPad and considering the other functions the keyboard/case/stand server. You won't find a better combo of case, keyboard and stand...

rickyricardo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rickyricardo said:

Interesting... While I don't have super big hands or anything, I adapted to the ZaggMate keyboard VERY quickly and can now type full speed on it... Do you have exceptionally large hands? OF course, it's not going to be a full sized keyboard, but I've found it's size to be quite satisfactory, especially for a device such as an iPad and considering the other functions the keyboard/case/stand server. You won't find a better combo of case, keyboard and stand...

I do not have super big hands either, they are not tiny like the ones in the whopper comercial lol, but I guess average. For me to use this keyboard I would have to peck away with two fingers. If i have to do that I may as well use the keyboard on the ipad. In fact i can type faster using the two finger method on the ipad than I could with the zagg. I do how to type I just couldnt do it on the zagg, maybe i didnt give it long enough but in my opinion $99, just not worth it.

I am not trying to product bash here, i am just adding my opinion.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rickyricardo said:

I do not have super big hands either, they are not tiny like the ones in the whopper comercial lol, but I guess average. For me to use this keyboard I would have to peck away with two fingers. If i have to do that I may as well use the keyboard on the ipad. In fact i can type faster using the two finger method on the ipad than I could with the zagg. I do how to type I just couldnt do it on the zagg, maybe i didnt give it long enough but in my opinion $99, just not worth it.

I am not trying to product bash here, i am just adding my opinion.

I typed on a Toshiba NB-100 for three years before this, so I'm used to the teensy keyboard. Doesn't bother me. But I can see how it would be annoying.

What's more annoying for me is adjusting it for the metal shell. The exterior is digging into my wrist and THAT'S annoying.:mad:

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
What's more annoying for me is adjusting it for the metal shell. The exterior is digging into my wrist and THAT'S annoying.:mad:

Antonio,

is your Zaggmate for the iPad 1, or 2. Supposedly, Zagg addressed that part, so I was wondering, whether it still exists with the new version.

iPad 2 (as per my sig) with the new iPad 2 keyboard case combo. Having no point of reference though, I can't tell you if it's better or worse, only that I've noticed it. :)

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Short answer, no. Long answer yes, but you have to put the smart cover on the back of the Ipad while it's docked in the case. Since I got this thing, I just stopped using the smart cover.

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday, I had to return my new Zaggmate to the store that I bought it from due to one of the black caps on the keyboard popping off on the plane and I couldn't find it. They were excellent about returning it and immediately gave me a brand new Zaggmate.

My question now is, how do I remove the additional listing of the Zaggmate in my settings?

Settings / General / Bluetooth / under devices I have 2 lines that say ...

Logitech ... Keyboard case ... not connected
Logitech ... Keyboard case ... connected

Reaction score
Ayrshire said:
My question now is, how do I remove the additional listing of the Zaggmate in my settings?

Settings / General / Bluetooth / under devices I have 2 lines that say ...

Logitech ... Keyboard case ... not connected
Logitech ... Keyboard case ... connected

Next to each of the listed keyboards is a blue arrow. When you click on the one for the disconnected, i.e. returned keyboard, you will be presented with an option to forget that device .

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yesss!! i got my replacement and it is awesome!!

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Next to each of the listed keyboards is a blue arrow. When you click on the one for the disconnected, i.e. returned keyboard, you will be presented with an option to forget that device .

Wow, I'm sure I tried pressing on the blue arrow a few times yesterday but didn't get that option. Pleased to say it was there now and as you said, easily removed. Thank you

Preacher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New guy, but thought I would pop in to say that I have been using mine for a while now and love it. I am in the midst of writing the first draft of my latest novel on the iPad using this keyboard, just because I can.

Most reactions