What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
Ok, figured I'd post my experience at the Apple Store today... Of course, I couldn't make the problem happen in front of the guy (as soon as he walked away it happened though!)... The Apple tech then plugged a cable into my iPad to run some sort of diagnostics (anyone what they use to do that?) and that app reported "insufficent application memory" as the "problem", which the Tech assured me that the program is ALWAYS right!

Basically, he was saying that I need to close apps on the task bar to avoid these memory shortages!!! I thought apple told you that you dind';t have to do that since it does it automatically?!??!~

So, we then proceeded to close all apps and I was still able to make it happen (with only mail running). So, then the guy tells me my firmware must have been corrupt (since it can't be a lack of memory since Mail was the only app running at that point!).

They were actually not going to replace it for me! Obviously, I kept complaining and eventually I got my iPad exchanged. Basically, they were trying to tell me that it was NOT a hardware issue.

Oh, and by the way - the problem is NOT occurring on the replacement iPad! So, I really do believe it was a hardware issue.... So much for that app never being wrong! :)

I'm sorry, but the tech I got today was NOT very good...

So, nobody knows what that app is that the Genuis techs use to "scan" your iPad? I would love to be able to check out that tool on my own....

thinh3d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, nobody knows what that app is that the Genuis techs use to "scan" your iPad? I would love to be able to check out that tool on my own....

I believe it's for internal use only. The same goes for diagnostic of Mac and other Apple devices.

aleneeg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Face up?

Are you able to snap the ipad into place face up? With the apple logo touching the keyboard, instead of face down as pictured?

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aleneeg said:
Are you able to snap the ipad into place face up? With the apple logo touching the keyboard, instead of face down as pictured?

Not with the iPad 2, at least. It will sit there but it's not secure.

ddavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg,

Can the Logitech Zaggmate for iPad 2 take an iPad 2 with a smart cover or would that be too big to fit when closed?

Thanks

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you fold the smart cover over the back of the iPad then put the iPad in the ZAGGmate face down inside, it will work and give protection to the back of iPad.

Reaction score
mtsant21 said:
Finally shipped today..10 working days order processing..

Mine shipped this morning, too. Looking forward to it's arrival later this week.

It is interesting, Zagg changed their shipping methods to the UK. For preorders, RoyalMail was available, but not anymore for orders placed now. Which is not necessarily a bad decision, as RoyalMail, even 1st class does not offer any tracking.

hoppity0511

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Can someone please tell me if Zagg premium leather skins are available for the iPad2 and if this was placed on that it would fit in the Zaggmate keyboard case....
I want to be able to protect the back of my IPad2

thanks

mtsant21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mtsant21 said:
Finally shipped today..10 working days order processing..

Mine shipped this morning, too. Looking forward to it's arrival later this week.

It is interesting, Zagg changed their shipping methods to the UK. For preorders, RoyalMail was available, but not anymore for orders placed now. Which is not necessarily a bad decision, as RoyalMail, even 1st class does not offer any tracking.

As far as i understood:

They moved their European facility to Ireland but for some reasons they had problems with the order processing there (us was forwarding our orders and responsibility of fulfilment to Ireland). After a couple of days with customer complains, they tried to resolve this by using their us facility to take back the responsibility of our orders from Ireland and finally orders seem to be shipped from US..

To Zagg: please correct me if i wrote something wrong..

Last edited:

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mtsant21, you got that right. Sorry for the delays for European shipments. We just had an issue in our Ireland fulfillment center.

Hoppity0511, the leatherSKINS for iPad 2 will ship soon. They work great with the ZAGGmate products and look terrific.

Most reactions