[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mickey330, Dec 1, 2010.

1. pm36064

pm36064
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    When will it be in retailers and ship?

When will it be in retailers and also if I order today how long of a delay should I expect?

2. Biggysmallz

Biggysmallz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Zagg doesn't fit my taste at all. The back of the ipad is exposed. that doesn't make much sense to me for a case.

3. realistdreamer

realistdreamer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    MC Hammer's leather ZaggSkin should solve that problem nicely. Of course. I made a custom Gelaskin. Hope it fits.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

4. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    ZAGG will begin shipping Wednesday the 6th and should be all caught up by Monday the 11th. Retailers wil be getting it around the first of next week also.

Regarding the exposed back on iPad. I understand your point and ZAGG may do something in the future that deals with that. Not a guarantee, but we are aware of that concern and we like to give people options when possible. This is in no way an attempt to change your mind, but what most people find is it is just as safe as a MacBook would be while staying very thin and light. Aluminum on top, aluminum underneath, glass protected in the middle. If you are concerned about scratches, invisibleSHIELDs, LEATHERskins, ZAGGskins, and many other products deal with that. Ironically, there are many cases out there that leave the glass exposed but you never hear anyone say, "but the glass is exposed." I suppose the best way to cover both sides is a folio type design. I find it interesting that even Apple went away from that concept. I think Apple's move validates our thoughts about the ZAGGmate somewhat.

This sounds defensive and was not meant that way at all. I understand your point and even Porsche makes an SUV. ZAGG is aware of your desire and may be addressing it. Keep your eyes peeled.

5. richgalen

richgalen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I bought a leather skin for my Ipad 1/ZaggMate combo not because I was concerned about scratches, but because having two relatively smooth aluminum surfaces made it too hard to hang onto when I walked with it. The leather skin provided enough friction to make me feel much more confident that the system wasn't going to slip out of my hands - especially in winter when gloves made it much tougher to get a good feel for it.

6. jasmynsway

jasmynsway
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    leather skin too big for ipad 2 back (for my taste)

I have leather skin too. I thought about putting it on last night but when I lined it up (plastic still on) I noticed that it covers the speaker and rounds the edges a little more than I'd like. I expected it to be an inch (maybe less) smaller than the ipad and if only on the flat back, not surround the edges. I didn't open the invidisible sheild either. Because after the durability test I saw on youtube, I'm confident the screen will be fine. I'm sure their both fine products, they just don't suit me. So I'm on the hunt for a skin again.

7. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm assuming you are referring to the new LEATHERskin for the iPad 2. I am very surprised that it would cover the speaker. I'll email you and see if we can get to the bottom of this.

8. Riyo

Riyo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    @ZAGG I am leaving the Netherlands for a big Travel Exhibition in South Africa on April 30. What is the best way to get one before April 30?

Richard

9. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I just checked on the leather and it was for an iPad 1 not iPad 2. Due to the shape differences, we needed new cuts for the iPad 2 and we should have a finalized version available soon.

10. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Regarding shipping to South Africa, here is what our shipping people tell me.

"The fastest way would be UPS Worldwide Express, which takes 1-3 business days after it ships from our facility. It is quite expensive for that shipping method, though. It's showing around $170 just for shipping.

The only other shipping option they have is First Class Mail International, which takes 7-10 business days after it ships. It only costs around $13.

Also, the ship time frames really depend on if their shipment gets through customs quickly or gets stuck at all."

Sounds good to me. We should have all orders in the system shipped no later than mid next week, so that should give you a good idea of timing.