What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to change the $ sign to a GBP sign.

I've tried holding down the $ sign but that just gives me a row of $$$$$$$
The international key just allows you to change English from US/ UK.

Hope somebody can explain how I do this, thank you

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ayrshire.

Don't ask me why Apple chose this key combo, but it is alt+3. By the way, try some other Alt+ combinations, the will give you some useful ones.

mtsant21.

Regarding your delayed shipment. I am very sorry for the way this has been handled. I'm sorry if I confused you earlier by my comment. I was just saying I wanted to get the facts and report back to you. I knew it had something to do with our UK fulfillment but I didn't want to even guess the specifics. Now I've got them.

I want to start by making it very clear that this is not an excuse, it is an explanation of an unexpected combination of events. For the new Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG, we decided to use our new fulfillment center in Ireland to handle all orders in the EU and surrounding areas. In so doing, our US fulfillment center didn't pay any attention to those orders. They may not have even seen them. For an odd set of circumstances I will not even try to explain here, the shipment never made it to Ireland. By the time we became aware of this, we transferred the responsibility to fulfill those orders back to our center in the US. By the time they received it, they were out. We ran out last Friday and got another large shipment today. This SHOULD be the very last time we ever have more than the standard 1-2 processing for this product. Check your email; yours may go out today, if not, Monday looks like a sure thing.

I am very sorry for the trouble this has caused and I appreciate the patience you have shown so far. The demand for this product has been tremendous and that little hiccup getting units to Ireland made your delays worse than anyone else. I am very sorry.

Thanks,

David

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a supply shortage for UK orders?

My Zaggmate w/keyboard was pre-ordered on 11/4 and is In-Progress since 19/4. I had send Zagg.com an email regarding this issue two days ago, but so far without response.

Considering, that various other users already received their Zaggmate, do I find it odd, that mine doesn't even have a shipping estimate.

Mine is going to Canada, and it still hasn't arrived. :(

Question about Bluetooth keyboards! I like using the shift key with arrows to precisely select a few words to highlight, make bold, etc. Does the iPad have this functionality? Even my blackberry does, so there's no good reason why it shouldn't!

thinh3d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Zagg: So according to my understanding, the Zaggmate 2 is gonna be shipped from the US to the UK and Europe area this weekend or beginning of next week? If so, do you have an estimate how long will it take to reach us?

btw, while waiting for my zaggmate 2, I have this question and couldnt find an answer:
Can i change the viewing angle of the ipad while sitting on the zaggmate? I mean can we alter the hinge in some way that would provide a closer to 90degree than the default angle?

(sorry for my english though, its not my first language ^^)

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZAGG said:
Ayrshire.

Don't ask me why Apple chose this key combo, but it is alt+3. By the way, try some other Alt+ combinations, the will give you some useful ones.

David

thanks... have just tried your suggestion. It didn't work.
However, it works on my zaggmate with the shift+3 for the £

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. I thought you meant on the ZAGGmate. On the onscreen, holding down the $ gives me several options, including £

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZAGG said:
Sorry. I thought you meant on the ZAGGmate. On the onscreen, holding down the $ gives me several options, including £

Think we are talking about a different thing here. ( smile )
I have just bought a new Zaggmate with keyboard, now called logitech for the iPad2.

If I hold down the $ it will just give me a row of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I then tried your suggestion of the alt key +3 and that didn't work either. That suggestion gives me a #
I then tried the shift key +3 and could finally get the £ I wantedl.

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on whether you have it set for US or UK. US: alt+3 = £ UK: shift+3=£ You have yours set for UK, which makes sense, just keep in mind if you want the # in UK, hold down alt + 3.

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thinh3D,

There is one typing angle and on non-typing angle. The angle works quite well. Regarding shipping times, I couldn't guess that. It depends entirely on the carrier chosen.

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have I misunderstood, or do you have a place where you ship from in ireland or UK? It is important since Denmark have a huge tax on things that comes from outside EU, but if it ships from within EU, I maybe save a lot of money and can order it soon:) yay

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We do have a facility in Iteland but we aren't shipping Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG from there yet. Hopefully soon.

mtsant21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ayrshire.

mtsant21.

Regarding your delayed shipment. I am very sorry for the way this has been handled. I'm sorry if I confused you earlier by my comment. I was just saying I wanted to get the facts and report back to you. I knew it had something to do with our UK fulfillment but I didn't want to even guess the specifics. Now I've got them.

I want to start by making it very clear that this is not an excuse, it is an explanation of an unexpected combination of events. For the new Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG, we decided to use our new fulfillment center in Ireland to handle all orders in the EU and surrounding areas. In so doing, our US fulfillment center didn't pay any attention to those orders. They may not have even seen them. For an odd set of circumstances I will not even try to explain here, the shipment never made it to Ireland. By the time we became aware of this, we transferred the responsibility to fulfill those orders back to our center in the US. By the time they received it, they were out. We ran out last Friday and got another large shipment today. This SHOULD be the very last time we ever have more than the standard 1-2 processing for this product. Check your email; yours may go out today, if not, Monday looks like a sure thing.

I am very sorry for the trouble this has caused and I appreciate the patience you have shown so far. The demand for this product has been tremendous and that little hiccup getting units to Ireland made your delays worse than anyone else. I am very sorry.

Thanks,

David

I much appreciate your clear and fair explanation. I can be more patient and calm after this. Thank you David!

Most reactions

Latest posts