[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mickey330, Dec 1, 2010.

1. realistdreamer

realistdreamer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If you've got an existing iPad Zagg has a 50% and 75% off sale going on. I'm getting a invisishield for my ancient (2 years old) Palm Pre for $3.75.

2. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    OK, the pictures on the website have all been updated with the new ZAGGmate for iPad 2. Personally, I think the look is a little cleaner with a new font on the keys, improved power switch and pairing button, and lower sides to accomodate thinner iPad. I think people will appreciate the lower front edge that is the same height as the spacebar rather than being higher than the spacebar. Also, people really like the auto-on/ off feature and headphone cutout. Overall, we are very pleased with it.

On the downside, due to the overwhelming demand, we are about a week behind on being caught up on shipping all these out. For those people who ordered when the shipping date was April 8th, you'll be fine. Same goes for April 15th (In fact, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised). For those of you who saw March 31st as your shipping date, ZAGG will be sending you a free pair of ZAGGsmartbuds with your new ZAGGmate as a way of showing our appreciation for your patience. The details are shown below.

"To show our appreciation for your patience, we are including with your ZAGGmate order a free pair of our award-winning ZAGGsmartbuds ($49.99 retail value). ZAGGsmartbuds are multifunctional; including a microphone and in-line music control to easily switch between music and phone calls on almost all smartphones. ZAGGsmartbuds can be worn in a specific slider alignment called "Hangin' Tight," which keeps the buds around your neck, even when not in use. We hope you enjoy this free gift to you."

Thanks for your patience. Again, this gift is only being given to those who ordered while we were showing a shipping date of the 31st. You should have already received an email explaining this.

3. richgalen

richgalen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The "My Account" page is returning a 404 Error. so I can't check my status. I thought I'd pre-ordered but, at my age, thinking about doing something is quite often the same as actually having done it!

4. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I just logged in just fine. Are you still having issues?

5. richgalen

richgalen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I got the email about the delayed shipping (and the free ZaggBuds!) Friday afternoon. Once again, Zagg.com steps up.

6. Catfiend

Catfiend
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
  7. richgalen

richgalen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have and just received an e-mail notification that it should be shipping by about mid-month. I have the ZaggMate/keyboard combination for the iPad 1 which I continue to use as follows: I use the Smart Cover as the covering for the screen. I place the iPad+cover face down into the ZaggMate device with the magnetic clips facing toward the top of the unit. That puts the iPad port on the wrong side, but that's not an issue for me.

The additional height and thickness of the Smart Cover allows the iPad 2 to fit in the original ZaggMate perfectly. It is only a temporary solution, as my wife is (a) the new proud owner of my iPad 1 and (b) is impatiently waiting for me to release control of my ZaggMate.

8. jasmynsway

jasmynsway
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yes! I can't wait for it to get here.

9. gmaines

gmaines
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    same here, I am waiting...hopefully no more delays.

10. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    No more delays.