What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The shields are on the site. Just checked. Just go to ZAGG.com, click on the tab on the upper left that says invisibleSHIELD and then go down to Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG. Regarding discounts, I'm not sure what plans we may or may not have in the future. Sorry, nor my area. Yes, we do need to highlight the auto on and off. I'm told it's coming....

tactK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read, in a couple of pages before, that users have already received their Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG? I thought they only started shipping today. *confused*

That aside, I ordered a ZAGGskin along with the keyboard case on the 15th of April and I'm wondering how long it'll take ZAGG to process both my orders? I'm getting kind of uneasy as I'll be expecting my iPad 2 to arrive any day now :eek:

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So it's here. I have the Logitechnical Zaggmate in my possession and am typing on it now. I love it! It's a little cramped, but I'm already getting used to it. what's great is that it holds the iPad 2 snuggly. It adds virtually no weight to the iPad and the whole thing is self-contained. $100 well spent.

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you love it jasmynsway. Tactk, they have shipped at various times based on when purchased. If you ordered on the 15th, yours will ship in the next day or so.

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not only that, but looking at the corners of my ZAGGmate Ver 1.0 I can tell you that the rubber has saved my iPad (also Ver 1.0) any number of times because it absorbs shock very well.

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read a number of postings on the forum, and I am considering the zaggmate cover with keyboard. But can anyone tell me how the typing experience on the zaggmate compares to the Apple bluetooth keyboard that I currently use?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jweakley said:
I have read a number of postings on the forum, and I am considering the zaggmate cover with keyboard. But can anyone tell me how the typing experience on the zaggmate compares to the Apple bluetooth keyboard that I currently use?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

It's cramped initially, but you get used to it within a few uses.

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
True, but the bigger issue for me is: The Zagg and iPad form a single unit. No more packing two different items in my backpack.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep... That's the beauty of the ZaggMate - it's ALWAYS with you when you need it (because it's also your iPad case)!

MsTapp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ZAGGmate came yesterday and I'm typing this reply with it now. The keyboard is the width of the ipad, so use that size to imagine it. It is way easier to touch type with this than the on-sceen keyboard. There's a stand on the back to prop up your ipad in either landscape or portrait. On/off and connect controls are above the keys. I like it a lot, but it is a little different than I expected. I saw MC Hammer show Oprah this product when he appeared on her show. That one was for the ipad 1, but I thought it would operate much the same. It appeared that the ipad flipped up and down while remaining attached somehow. In reality, everything is very manual - you pull the case and ipad apart with your thumbs and manually position the stand. Maybe MC was so used to his that it just appeared that way. In any case, I am happy with it. It adds very little to the overall size and fits easily into my Timbuk2 sleeve.

Reaction score
Consider the source. Hammer has the ability to make things that we mere mortals struggle with seem easy and seamless.
Yes in a bit of time you will be so used to opening it you will be able to unpack and stand in one quick motion as well. It took me about a week but I'm a mere mortal. :)

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

alichty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my Logitech labeled Zaggmate yesterday and am already a very happy camper. I like not having to chase all around several different screen keyboards trying to find the characters I need. The built in screen keyboard has been my biggest complaint with my iPAD 2 and with the Zagg I can now see my laptop getting a lot less use.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus, one of the biggest benefits that most people don't even think of - you are able to see and use the entire iPad screen while typing now! One of the biggest drawbacks of the on-screen keyboard (in my opinion) is that the keyboard covers half of the iPad screen while typing...

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ZAGGmate came yesterday and I'm typing this reply with it now. The keyboard is the width of the ipad, so use that size to imagine it. It is way easier to touch type with this than the on-sceen keyboard. There's a stand on the back to prop up your ipad in either landscape or portrait. On/off and connect controls are above the keys. I like it a lot, but it is a little different than I expected. I saw MC Hammer show Oprah this product when he appeared on her show. That one was for the ipad 1, but I thought it would operate much the same. It appeared that the ipad flipped up and down while remaining attached somehow. In reality, everything is very manual - you pull the case and ipad apart with your thumbs and manually position the stand. Maybe MC was so used to his that it just appeared that way. In any case, I am happy with it. It adds very little to the overall size and fits easily into my Timbuk2 sleeve.

One question: When you place the ipad into the Zaggmate, will the ipad drop out if you flip the attached ipad over or is it fixed inside?

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Biggysmallz said:
One question: When you place the ipad into the Zaggmate, will the ipad drop out if you flip the attached ipad over or is it fixed inside?

Do you mean in the closed position or open for typing - either could be considered placing the iPad 'in' the Zaggmate. If you mean the former, no - I'm sure it won't fall out. If the latter, definitely - it's not secured except by gravity and a tiny bit of friction, which is just fine by me.

Most reactions

Latest posts