[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mickey330, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Bigmopotz

Bigmopotz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    iPad Case

I have used an Apple Case and a Kensington Case with Bluetooth Keyboard, both which provide all round protection for my expensive purchase, however I love the naked look of my ipad back and the Zaggmate just compliments this even further. It looks good, feels good, is practical and above all in a league of its own when it comes down to style. 100%

2. Hrothgar

Hrothgar
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'm sad

I'm coveting this case but there are no retailers in Canada yet :(. I've checked FutureShop, BestBuy, Staples, local Mac dealers, even the Canadian authorized retailers listed on their site, Zagg is not shipping any Zaggmates to anyone in Canada yet. Don't want to order from US and risk brokerage charges, so I will have to wait.

Can the Zagg-guy give me an ETA for retail locations in Canada??

3. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    One word. NAFTA. We are working on it. It should be London Drug.

4. Rusty Robot

Rusty Robot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Just to let others know the iOS bluetooth can lose signal (sort of) when you shut off the iPad and turn it back on. Most notably with ZaggMate keys (random ones each time) will not work. I've had to pair my keyboard more than a few times because of this. It doesn't mean your Zagg is defective, it means Apple needs to address this bluetooth error.

5. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Rusty, do you have the most recent iOS? The newer versions of Apple software are much better with connectivity issues. The old stuff wasn't great. We have a bunch of people here who use them daily and we only experienced issues like you describe with the old software.

6. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have this happen as well - usually happens for me when the iPad is "busy" doing other things, when it eventually "catches up", it'll cause double letters to appear.

7. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but do you have the newest iOS software?

8. Cullen07

Cullen07
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I love mine, I didn't see that you posted anything about it, and I literally just posted about it. I'm using mine right now, you can have it anyway you want on it's side or anything else!

9. AlunReynolds

AlunReynolds
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ooops! Zaggmate is now showing signs of wear. The foam has started to come away from the corners and a gap has started to appear between the front edge and the edge of the keyboard. Anyone else experienced this?

10. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Sorry for your problem. The rubberish substance along the edges is a very impressive material. The characteristic we love about it is the fact you can smash a piece of it with a hammer or put it in a vice for days and it will always spring back to shape. This is important because we don't want it to wear and become lose over time. One of the other factors it has is very stretchy when cut to such thin widths.

What happened with a few ZAGGmates is that the workers were sliding their fingers down the edge as they installed it and in attempt to speed the process up, some workers would do the straight edges, then as they approached a corner, they would go on to the next edge. Finally, when done, they would push the corners in place. Seems like a nice quick way to do it, but the problem with that is you have a material that wants to spring back into shape (like a rubber band) and less adhesive in that spot because it has been stretched. Not a good combination. Most of these defects are obvious right out of the box and we've swapped them already. It sounds like you got one that took a little longer to manifest itself.

Again, sorry for the manufacturer defect. Please call customer service and they'll take care of it for you. Thanks.