What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jasmynsway said:
I read somewhere in this forum, maybe even this thread, that you can put the iPad 2 (with smart cover on) in the zaggmate 1st gen and get a snug fit.

Yea I thought I read that somewhere also but it doesn't seem to work :(

Shoalhavsn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just joined today --
Will the iPad 2 fit in the Zaggmate case in the normal manner, if it has the leather Smart Cover attached?

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will fit in the normal manner if you fold the smart cover over the back of the iPad. The hinge in the smart cover does not interfere with the Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG. This would provide some measure of protection for the back of the iPad. The case will also not interfere with the stand built into the LKC by ZAGG. If you put the smart cover over the screen of the iPad, the pair would not fit well in the case as it would be thicker than without.

Katyoshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've heard good things about this product. I'm new to this forum btw... Do you think it's super convenient to have a device like this to supplement my studying and paper writing at places such as at Starbucks? Also, when placed on the stand, will it be there firmly without worrying about a slight movement causing the ipad to bump over and fall?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've heard good things about this product. I'm new to this forum btw... Do you think it's super convenient to have a device like this to supplement my studying and paper writing at places such as at Starbucks? Also, when placed on the stand, will it be there firmly without worrying about a slight movement causing the ipad to bump over and fall?

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you find a lot of useful information here. I have the regular Apple case for my iPad. It's fine for supporting it in landscape orientation but I wouldn't trust it in portrait mode.

For serious notetaking you need a Bluetooth keyboard though the on-screen keyboard is great for taking notes when you need it to absolutely silent - I'm guessing the clicking of keys would not be welcome in class!!

Tim

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Either portrait or landscape, the iPad sits in it's Zaggmate stand very securely. It is very convenient to have anytime. I take a couple of classes at a local university here in Fort Wayne, with IPad and Zagg entire kit fits on those half desk chairs in class. It is also easy to use on my lap.

MsTapp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been concered about scratching the back of my iPad. When I was on the Zagg web site to pre-order my Zaggmate, I noticed the InvisibleShield. I ordered the full body easy install. I think this product will solve my concerns.

beach1ady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pre-Order question

Based on this thread, I finally pre-ordered the ZAGGMate for my iPad 2 on Friday. I got the message that my order is complete and a copy of my invoice has been mailed to me. (assuming it meant e-mail) But I have yet to receive any communicaiton from ZAGG.

Question is ... should I be concerned? or will I eventually get an e-mail stating when it should ship? and how long should I expect to wait for it to get shipped?

Any thoughts are apprecaited.

Thanks
beach1ady

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assuming your email is accurate, you should have received an email. You can also view your order status online. Given your timing, your order will be shipped by the 19th. Please check with customer service via phone or email once you've verified your email address is in fact accurate. The customer support number and link to email is at the top right of all of our web pages.

beach1ady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assuming your email is accurate, you should have received an email. You can also view your order status online. Given your timing, your order will be shipped by the 19th. Please check with customer service via phone or email once you've verified your email address is in fact accurate. The customer support number and link to email is at the top right of all of our web pages.

Thanks for the advice. I double checked and my e-mail was correct. So, I went ahead and called customer service. The rep was extremely polite and helpful. Best news is that you were right! My ZAGGmate is scheduled to ship by 4/19. Yay!

I'm going to a conference on May 1-2 and was hoping to use it. Now I'm excited that it looks like that will happen.

Thanks again for the response.
Happy Monday!

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got my shipping confirmation on Zaggmate for iPad 2. YAY!

Last edited:

wannaride

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few items of note:

You should be concerned about the back of the ZaggMate scratching. I lost my feet and after four months it really looks bad.

If you have an iMac keep the ZaggMate away from it. Otherwise your iMac will have trouble connecting with the Apple wireless keyboard.

You can trust the status light to accurately inform you of the need to recharge. In five months of heavy use I've only recharged three times.

I'm sorry to see Logitech in on the deal as their customer service is no where near what we've seen from ZAAG.

Most reactions

Latest posts