[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mickey330, Dec 1, 2010.

1. EthnicHipster

EthnicHipster
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Replacement on it's way. If this one works properly, Zagg will have earned a lifetime consumer.

2. Alxc9

Alxc9
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Losing Faith

I went to Best Buy tonight to buy the zaggmate...I was lucky and BB had 2 in stock. I bought one took it out to my car and it wouldn't turn on. I then found that the power cord to charge it was missing, I walked back into Best Buy and got the other one and to my surprise the replacement zaggmate had two O keys and no I key....I walked back inside and returned it. What gives??? Not sure if I want to buy it anymore.:confused:

3. jo.sta

jo.sta
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i received my replaced Zaggmate and im amazed at zagg's customer service. i live in australia and i thought the whole replacement process would take about a month, but to my surprise, it took 8 days!

i sent my zagg back to be replaced on monday, zagg sent an email saying that they received the package and have sent out a new one on wednesday and on the following tuesday, i received a new zaggmate.

So far, everything is working very well and i think that it is the perfect accessory for note-taking, ecspecially for uni students.

the lifetime guaranteed is an amazing offer. i dont think you would be wasting your money when purchasing a zaggmate. :)

4. richgalen

richgalen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:

I just bought one at BestBuy after having some trouble ordering directly from ZaggMate. I've used it for the past 24 hours and I think it's great.

I bought the bluetooth keyboard when I bought my iPad (64gig 3G), but it has been one more thing in my backpack, so I haven't used it much. I have a Targus cover, which has been fine - but it adds quite a bit of width to the whole thing.

The ZaggMate doesn't add much weight or width to the package and the keyboard works as advertized. After pairing the iPad and keyboard I was up and running in seconds. It is so natural that I haven't used the on-screen keyboard once.

BestBuy didn't have the Zagg clear plastic backing (the guy said the iPad was "unscratchable" but declined my offer to take my keys to the demo station and test his theory); and I, too, am thinking about buying the leather skin advertised on the Zaggmate site.

Anyone done this?

5. richgalen

richgalen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:

I just bought one at BestBuy after having some trouble ordering directly from ZaggMate. I've used it for the past 24 hours and I think it's great.

I bought the bluetooth keyboard when I bought my iPad (64gig 3G), but it has been one more thing in my backpack, so I haven't used it much. I have a Targus cover, which has been fine - but it adds quite a bit of width to the whole thing.

The ZaggMate doesn't add much weight or width to the package and the keyboard works as advertised. After pairing the iPad and keyboard I was up and running in seconds. It is so natural that I haven't used the on-screen keyboard once.

BestBuy didn't have the Zagg clear plastic backing (the guy said the iPad was "unscratchable" but declined my offer to take my keys to the demo station and test his theory); and I, too, am thinking about buying the leather skin advertised on the Zaggmate site.

Anyone done this?

6. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've put the leatherskin on the back of my iPad and currently have a zaggskin on the Zaggmate.

I've special ordered a zaggskin (of my own design) for the back of my Zaggmate ... will show it off when I get it.

I believe BrennB has a leatherskin on both her iPad and the Zaggmate - no doubt it looks cool as ... heck!

Marilyn

7. LadyPilot

LadyPilot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I am somewhat peeved at Zagg. I bought the iPad 3G on the first day it was available. I went back the following week and bought the keyboard dock since I needed a dock for charging at work as well as at home and I thought the keyboard would help with my terminal typo problem (I have been diagnosed with stage 3 typo syndrome.). I lugged my briefcase back and forth to work to accommodate the weird shape of the keyboard dock.
    I got a gift certificate from Best Buy and went down to find a bag that would fit the iPad and the keyboard dock. My Best Buy dude (every old lady needs their own personal computer dude!) showed me the Zaggmate and I blackened both of my eyes (jumping up and down without...um...er..ah..proper foundation garment.). Driving home my 'puter illiterate hubby complained about not knowing what to get me for the holidays. I volunteered the Zaggmate. We wrapped it up and put it under the tree at my grandson's house.
    I didn't get to use it until after the holidays and that's why I'm peeved at Zagg. If they had advertised this thang, I would not have wasted all that time without it.
    The Zagg goes everywhere with me. It fits in my purse. It has become inseparable from the iPad. I am constantly asked if it came with my iPad or if I had to buy it separately.
    I have become as ardent a fan of the Zaggmate as I am the iPad.

All that wasted time. Shame on you Zagg!

8. Debragail

Debragail
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone. Yes I am typing this on my replacement Zagg. Turned on and charged no problem. Paired like magic with my Ipad. Types great. I am not only a great fan of this product but I am completely and totally impressed with Zagg as a company. Their after sales care is the best I have ever come across. As I said prior I am in Sydney Ausralia and I was certain I had blown my money and time. How wrong was I. Thank you Zagg. I am emailing all from friends about the Zaggmate and how great a product it is. My advice, if you get a Zaggmate and it has a problem don't despair, Zagg will fix it. Although it might be inconvenient if your Zaggmate has a problem, take heart it will be dealt with ASAP and the slight delay in waiting for a replacement is well worth it. Great product, fantastic customer care. Keep on keeping on Zagg..
    :):):)

9. BrennB

BrennB
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Yep! I put the brown/tan embossed on the back of the ipad, with a zagg screen protector on the front (had that since day one). This looked sooooo good. The leather skin and the keyboard were both Christmas presents so I didn't realize how I'd want something on the cold bottom of the zaggmate. However, my buddy Scott offered me his 50% off coupon he had laying around and I ordered myself a plain/unembossed matching leather shield for the zaggmate (it is actually intended for the ipad but fits perfectly on the bottom of the zaggmate). I think this set up looks totally gorgeous and professional. I carry the entire package in a case logic sleeve I had and all travels together nicely.

BTW I too, am one of the happy users to not have had any issue (beside user error) with the zaggmate. My buddy is outfitting his zaggmate/ipad with the black leather... can't wait to see how that comes out!

Wish list... more leather options (IE sometime girly like pink or white!)

10. rsmin

rsmin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I love the Zaggmate! I put Zagg's black leather on the back of my iPad, and Zagg invisishield on the back of the Zaggmate.

Rusty