Personal hotspot

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by greig18, Aug 20, 2013.

1. greig18

greig18 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently updated my cellular setting on my ipad 4 and once I had finished updating it my personal hotspot had disappeared and before I updated it it was there and working. Any suggestions on how I can get it back thanks
  2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,485 / 3
    Hi, welcome to iPF!

First of all turn off Cellular Data, wait for a few minutes, then turn it on again. If this helps, you won't have to do anything else.
    In case Personal Hotspot is still missing:
    Remove the SIM card, reset your iPad (press both Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears), insert SIM card again.
    Go to Settings - General - Cellular and look for "Personal Hotspot" or "Set up Personal Hotspot". If you can find it there, set it up.
    Otherwise you'll have to go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. Then you'll have to set up your network settings again (also Wi-Fi).

If none of the suggestion gets back Personal Hotspot, you should contact your provider.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Hi there, We have moved this thread to iPad Help to hopefully get more views and additional help. We have also deleted the duplicate post that you have made as this fragments any discussion/help that you recieve.

Good luck!