What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal hotspot

greig18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently updated my cellular setting on my ipad 4 and once I had finished updating it my personal hotspot had disappeared and before I updated it it was there and working. Any suggestions on how I can get it back thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently updated my cellular setting on my ipad 4 and once I had finished updating it my personal hotspot had disappeared and before I updated it it was there and working. Any suggestions on how I can get it back thanks

Hi, welcome to iPF!

First of all turn off Cellular Data, wait for a few minutes, then turn it on again. If this helps, you won't have to do anything else.
In case Personal Hotspot is still missing:
Remove the SIM card, reset your iPad (press both Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears), insert SIM card again.
Go to Settings - General - Cellular and look for "Personal Hotspot" or "Set up Personal Hotspot". If you can find it there, set it up.
Otherwise you'll have to go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. Then you'll have to set up your network settings again (also Wi-Fi).

If none of the suggestion gets back Personal Hotspot, you should contact your provider.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, We have moved this thread to iPad Help to hopefully get more views and additional help. We have also deleted the duplicate post that you have made as this fragments any discussion/help that you recieve.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts