What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Hotspot question.

johnnyringo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it normal for the hotspot to quit working even thought the hot spot switch is on? The switch has to be turned off and then back on before it will work again. Thanks JR

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it normal for the hotspot to quit working even thought the hot spot switch is on? The switch has to be turned off and then back on before it will work again. Thanks JR

Yes, that's perfectly normal. If the device you're connected to goes to sleep, the connection is broken and the switch must be cycled as you describe.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a good idea to turn it off when you are not using it. I speak from experience. I was watching YouTube videos (as in full length movies)earlier this year, using my company's wifi. At some point, the wifi dropped, so the iPad grabbed the first thing that came along. MY IPHONE. The resulting bill was enough to give my wife palpitations. Now, I make sure I turn the hotspot off when I'm done with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts