What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Cloud for iPad

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could you give more explanation?
I've tried it but nothing I've entered in the FTP settings made any difference...

I created a new FTP connection under "Connect to Servers"
URL: ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:21 (IP address, port 21). I also supplied the WD admin user name and password.

I am not sure whether this is relevant but it started working after I turned "uPnP for Web Access and FTP" off in the WD configuration utility.

I have read only access at the moment but read/write should be possible.

Politenessman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.retro-tactical.com
I finally got a response from the Goodreader folks.
Apparently their app only looks for WebDav shares, and it won't see anything else.

That all seems pretty useless to me, so I guess I need to find another solution.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I finally got a response from the Goodreader folks.
Apparently their app only looks for WebDav shares, and it won't see anything else.

That all seems pretty useless to me, so I guess I need to find another solution.

FileBrowser is a pretty good alternative. It sees my NAS, no problems.

Also, I was able to get GoodReader to see my NAS as an FTP server as described above. I have Read Only at the moment (the default) but I assume that Read Write is also possible.

There is a hack to make the WD MBWE support WebDAV but I have no plans to try it.

Most reactions

Latest posts