What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Permanently zoomed in?

Surfer01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was writing on the iPad when it slipped slightly and I grabbed it. Everything then zoomed in and I cannot get it out of the zoom mode. I have tried double tapping and dragging my fingers closed but to no avail. Also tried closing it down and switching off but on restart still the same. Can any one please advise? Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
By restart, I assuming that your press just the Sleep-On button at the top right? Have you also done a 'reset' - if not, Directions HERE - if of no help, please post back - might also provide information on which 'app' was being used? Good luck - :)

OP
S

Surfer01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was using Safari at the time, however even the icons on the home screen are doubled in size. Tried the re-set step 1 and it has worked. Thanks.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Great! Yep for me it's a 1-2 punch; if restart does not work, then I immediately do a reset. :)

OP
S

Surfer01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks that was one of things I checked. Still not sure what caused it to go into a zoom mode from Safari almost as if I had eyesight problems.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Surfer01 said:
Thanks that was one of things I checked. Still not sure what caused it to go into a zoom mode from Safari almost as if I had eyesight problems.

So is it back to normal now and if so, how did you do it?

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When Accessibility's Zoom feature is turned on it is activated with a three finger double tap. This is fairly easy to do by accident if you fumble with the iPad. You can un-zoom the screen by repeating the three finger double tap. You can drag the view with three fingers. Tap and drag up or down with three fingers to zoom in and out.

These three fingered gestures are why multi-tasking gestures in iOS 5 use four or more fingers.

No need to reset the next time. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts